2003 Toyota 4Runner

Stylish, powerful, and reliable. What more can you ask for? by Dave, South Dakota on 07/10/2009. Trim: 2003 Toyota 4Runner Sport 4WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Very reliable vehicle. Good power, good handling, and surprisingly enough, good towing. Styling is definately a step up from the previous generation 4runner.
Cons: Don't especially like the motorized rear hatch mechanism. Have had trouble with it not closing and then you're driving around with a bungy holding it shut. Has happened twice and found out that disconnecting the battery takes care of the problem. (must be a reset of some kind) I'm 6'1 and the back seat leg room could be larger. Not uncomfortable, but you can't really sprawl out. The trade-mark rotten egg smell from the catalytic converter is annoying at times.
Overall review: Overall, I love my 4runner. Have owned 3 different generations and this one is the best. Not to say I've had any trouble with the others. 4th gen just offers more creature comforts. Would recommend this truck to anyone!
Reliable! by JMVJY - Minnesota on 06/13/2008. Trim: 2003 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4WD, Owned 5 years.
Pros: Very reliable, comfortable to drive, manages our steep, winding, country driveway even when it's not plowed, but still gives a comfortable ride. It's nice and safe and well constructed. If I drive conservatively I can still get 20 MPG or better, even though we have 100,000 miles on the vehicle. The only repair we've needed in 100,000 miles is a new fan motor for the heater. We've been all over the country with it and never had a problem.
Cons: Back seat belt latches broke right away, good thing we don't have kids!
Overall review: Great vehicle, I will buy another if this one ever dies.
best ever by LeAnn Wyoming on 06/05/2008. Trim: 2003 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4WD, Owned 5 years.
Pros: lots of room. very reliable all around great vehicle
Cons: nothing I didnt like about thie Runner
Overall review: I am planning on buying another runner. They are the best
I love it!! by Kara, Spokane, WA on 02/18/2008. Trim: 2003 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4WD, Owned 6 years.
Pros: This is the best car I have ever owned. The traction control is amazing in the winter. We started to slide in a curve once, and this car completely corrected itself. It goes everywhere no matter the conditions. The V8 power is fabulous for passing. Easy smooth and comfortable.
Cons: I think for the money, the trim could have been a bit better. Toyota seems to have used a little too much plastic. Sometimes when you hit the gas, it hesitates, then lurches forward.
Overall review: I love everything about this truck. I feel safe in it, and love to drive it. No real problems with it and my toyota dealer service has been great. I got to know one service rep and use the same one every time. So now she goes out of her way for me. Gas milage is better than most v8's I have tested. I have had this truck for 5 years, and I love it as much (or more) as the day I brought him home.
4Runner Lemon by Former 4Runner fan on 06/29/2004. Trim: 2003 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Stronger engine and better handling than my previous 4Runner.
Cons: POOR QUALITY. My 4Runner has been in for repairs 9 times and it is not even a year old. The vehicle will have to go in again. I was once an avid 4Runner fan, but I am terribly disappointed. Toyota customer service has also been awful. I guess they are concentrating on Lexus and forgetting Toyota.
Overall review: I HATE MY 4RUNNER. 9 times + in the shop in the first 11 months. Toyota has been terrible with their customer service. They have lost a loyal Toyota customer. The moonroof has not stopped rattling and the engine had a loud squeek which took 4 repairs to fix, and the jury is out on if it is fixed. The moonroof still rattles. The Toyota corporation has been worthless on their customer service as well.