2003 Suzuki Grand Vitara

Great second choice SUV by SNOWBIRDS IN NORTHERN NEVADA on 06/21/2006. Trim: 2003 Suzuki Grand Vitara 2WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: my second SUV, but my first suzuki.. so far its a well build vehicle.nice sounding stereo,controls are well laid out,its really easy to perform vehicle maintanance on it.
Cons: gas mileage could be a little bit better,cockpit could be a bit more roomoy,my knee lays on the center console,gets a bit rough when the winds blowing, does Suzuki offer performance parts for it to better performance and mileage?
Overall review: my fiancee and i love it alot so far.. we really wanted a new 07 Toyota Rav4 but they are just way to expensive for what we got on the Grand Vitara.. and domestic made SUVs were out of the question.. they are the biggest peices of junk ever made.. we hope to enjoy our little Grand Vitara for quite a while...
Big Girl Great Small SUV by mebgorth from Baltimore on 09/21/2005. Trim: 2003 Suzuki Grand Vitara 4WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: V-6 is great the power boost is off the hook. 4 Wheel driver is Excellent in Snow(I live East Coast and we see alot) Sound System is awsome as well
Cons: I am a Big Girl almost 6ft and over 200lbs. The drivers side is alittle cramped could stand to have more space in the front seats. Cargo are would be more usable if back seats folded FLAT when in the down position.
Overall review: I would most surely by another SUV only not from that misaralbe dealer on Belair Road in Maryland the one with the cheesey commercials. He sold me a BRAND NEW vehical with 3000 miles on it because he used it for his employees and with 2 seperate tripometers scammed unsuspecting new car buyers.... SO BUYERS BEWARE
Great compact SUV! by CrazyLadyDriver on 09/18/2006. Trim: 2003 Suzuki Grand Vitara 4WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Love the radio controls on the steering wheel, very handy! Gas mileage is pretty good considering it's a 6 cylinder auto. Handling and steering are excellent. All the extra storage is great. Front seats are very comfy. Cargo areas is perfect for shopping and also holds a large stroller with room to spare. I wanted a pickup when I bought my Grand Vitara, but since the back seats fold flat, I'm happy. It's amazing the things I have moved, and the quantity of stuff you can fit in there.
Cons: The backseat could be much roomer. It'd be really great if the seats leaned back. I'm 5'8" and it's a bit cramped, but not too bad for short rides. This car is perfect for me as a single mother with only one child. My 2 year old loves that she can see out, but it's really cramped with other kids in the back seat. Definately wouldn't work for a large family (or bigger kids).
Overall review: I would recommend this car to any single person with no more than 1 child or a couple without children. My parents love it, even my Dad you is anti-foreign car. Everyone who rides in my car for the first time really likes it. I bought this vehicle used and have had no problems with it. 4WD is easy to use as very effective (this is my first 4WD vehicle). It's cute, stylish, fun to drive, and not a particularly manly SUV (which as I woman I really love). I also considered a Scion XB, but the Granv Vitara is much more attractive and mature looking. Suzuki has improved in quality and I can see myself in this car for many years (which says a lot for the car because I've never enjoyed a new car as much as this one).
Love it by Ken, Saskatchewan, Canada on 02/11/2006. Trim: 2003 Suzuki Grand Vitara 4WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: the 4wd is amazing in the winter, all options come standard, i love the layout of the interior,
Cons: i think if the rear hatch opened up instead of out it would be better, not the greatest ride on bumpy roads
Overall review: This is our first SUV and we love it. I have been impressed with absolutely everything on this vehicle. We've had some long trips where the mileage was great, too. The only con might be the bumps in the road sometimes seem quite pronounced.
Go anywhere compact by Steve on 08/31/2004. Trim: 2003 Suzuki Grand Vitara 4WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Nice styling, nice luxery type features such as Climate control. Stereo controls on steering wheel. Over all a very nice accessories package. Nice little SUV that is practical...and earns the U-tility in SUV. Nice ride on raod, and ability to get you places off of it. I have yet to find a place it won't go. And beleive I have tried!!!
Cons: The silver trim at the bottom of the vehical could have been
Overall review: All and all for the money, this is a super nice little Utility vehical. It IS NOT a glorified tracker. This vehical has a wider stance than the tracker does, and better features. Its a go anywhere vehical. I recommend it to anyone looking for a mini SUV that you can do more than hall the kids around in. Only the trim, and lack of wheel space keeps it from getting a 10.