2003 Nissan Xterra

Very Poor Performance by EPHEVEY on 02/06/2009. Trim: 2003 Nissan Xterra SE 4WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I love the way this vehicle looks, very well designed, the room and cargo space is great, I bought mine used and it came with the grill guard.
Cons: I have had Suv's all my life, my last suv was a 2000 ford explorer sport which was very comfortable and the ride was excellent, it did have several major mechanical problems which costed me a bundle. The xterra I have had for a year now and although it looks great, has plenty of room, the ride is terrible. I work in boston so I do alot of highway driving and in the winter, this car slides all over the place in harsh weather! I have winter tires on that are brand new. On a regular day, I find the ride to still be extremely choppy. If I hit a pot hole 1/2 an inch deep, the noise is so loud and the drive so unstable, it feels like your gonna crash.
Overall review: Overall I think its a attractive SUV but the ride is much like a basic 90's Jeep Wrangler, Can climb a mountain but is not desirable for everyday driving, recently I'm also having an electrical problem, my windshield wipers and turn signals have stopped working which will probably be a $1000.00 dollar fix since its in the steering column. I bought this car cause it had remarkable reviews and i've always like nissans but I'm extremely dissapointed with this car.
my wonderfull xterra by Natalie on 12/22/2008. Trim: 2003 Nissan Xterra XE 4WD, Owned 5 years.
Pros: I was recently rear ended. I was stopped and was hit from behind , the other car was doing 55. The other car was completly demolished...my xterra .... barely a scratch!!! I love my xterra !!
Cons: seats are not as comfortable in long trips.
Overall review: I will own this vehicle forever, when it's time to get a new one..I will buy another one!
Love my Terra! by Aubrey on 03/26/2008. Trim: 2003 Nissan Xterra XE 4WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: The Xterra is a great SUV! I have been pleased with it's handling, comfort, and safety features. I was in a weather related accident and the Xterra help up very well and kept me and my passengers safe!
Cons: For the most part the gas mileage isn't the best, but it hasn't be the worst. Not many bad things I can say!
Overall review: This vehicle is one that I would purchase more than once!
one mean ride Enjoy by donald d from Ohio on 03/17/2008. Trim: 2003 Nissan Xterra SE 4WD, Owned 5 years.
Pros: the handling is good,no problems in bad snow,great styling,rugged feel gives a secure feeling when driving,trouble free towing with package,never any problem.Wife wants another one
Cons: on the down side gas milage could be better,still on highway average is about 20 if you dont push it
Overall review: great suv bought new off show room floor.would recommend this ride to any one,just now looking for a new one. have fun!!!
A unique and practical SUV - Spend a day with it before you buy... by omega6, Kansas City, KS on 04/28/2004. Trim: 2003 Nissan Xterra XE 2WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Stylish and unique appearance; Roomy cabin and rear seat; Very versatile and functional; Fun to drive; Nissan's reputation for reliability.
Cons: V6 engine is a very poor accelerator (even for an SUV); Sudden braking can result in skids; Interior finish is a bit shabby (i.e. rattles, loose trim, etc.); Very poor fuel economy compared to similar SUVs.
Overall review: The XTerra is certainly a great choice among SUVs of comparable price but definitely spend a day or so with this vehicle before you buy. The ride, interior styling and generally poor engine performance might annoy some drivers.