2003 Jaguar XK Series

2 3 4 5 6  Next
For the love of driving by Ponysoldier on 06/16/2006. Trim: 2003 Jaguar XK Series XK8 Convertible, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Drop dead gorgeous styling - coupled with great performance. Just add to the mix one of the best warranties. The only other vehicles that in my estimation which one could consider would be the Aston Martin,Porche 911, and the Bentley GT. I previoulsly owned five Corvettes ranging from model years 1958 thru 1993. GM doesn't get it. I will sacrifice a second off the 0 to 60 times for better styling. This is my 3rd Jaguar convertible and I never had a problem with any of them. The Jaguar is a well kept secret! Why?
Cons: My wife and I only have positive comments with respect to Jaguars.
Overall review: My current Convertible was purchased as a dealer Demo. Service for the auto has been excellent. The dealership treats the customer with kid gloves. Previously,I purchased two other Jaguar convertibles and incurred no problems with those cars. For the price of a new Camry, an individual can purchase a certified Jaguar.
perfect car by An MSN Autos Consumer on 10/29/2003. Trim: 2003 Jaguar XK Series XKR Convertible, Owned 1 year.
Overall review: perfect
A future classic ? by Marc on 05/18/2013. Trim: 2003 Jaguar XK Series XKR Coupe, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: At the age of ten, this car still turns heads and I have immense pleasure in driving it, on and off (circuit) road.
Cons: Nothing!
Overall review: I can't imagine ever selling this car. A must keep.
A Class by Itself by An MSN Autos Consumer on 06/08/2008. Trim: 2003 Jaguar XK Series XK8 Convertible, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I thoroughly enjoy this car. I feel pampered every time I drive it. There is a uniqueness about this car. It is a head turner and I receive compliments often when I drive it. BMWs, Mercedes all look the same. You can't differentiate between the styles. Most sports cars do not have a back seat or any room to to put things. The back seat is not for people but for storage. My wife and I traveled cross country in our XK8. The back seat held briefcases and a cooler and the trunk held all our luggage. I looked at the BMWZ4 and Honda S2000. I would not buy them for this reason plus the motor in the XK8 so smooth and powerful. This is a roomy sports car. It has won my wife over!
Cons: Nothing. Many people complain about the J-Gate but it is far superior to the bump shift. I own a brand new Infinity G35X with every option. It is fast and technologically advanced. However, I rarely use the manual shift. With the J-Gate you put it in 3rd and it will start in first and shift only up to 3rd. I always have acceleration! A bump shift keeps you only in one gear. I never know what gear I am in. With the J-Gate I always know what is happening. The only thing better than the J-Gate are paddle shifters. Also, I have so many cassettes and it is nice not having to spend more money replacing them with CD's. I would like the power of the R but without the supercharge whine.
Overall review: This is a no brainer. When I get to choose between driving the Infinity G35X or my wife's 2007 convertible Solaris or my dad's Bentley, I choose the Jaguar. It is spacious, you can travel with it, and it has style and class. The gas mileage is a surprise. I get 26-28 mpg highway. I am thinking of trading in my Infinity in for a used Jaguar XJR. The British know comfort and class. I can't imagine selling the XK8.
The cat family at its best by ronc in Scottsdale on 01/09/2008. Trim: 2003 Jaguar XK Series XKR Convertible, Owned 2 years.
Pros: The power, ride, handling, looks, comfort objects, everything
Cons: Haven't found anything
Overall review: WOW!
2 3 4 5 6  Next