2003 Land Rover Freelander

A joy to drive by Jay on 12/16/2002. Trim: 2003 Land Rover Freelander HSE, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Beautiful!
Cons: Navigation system has software bugs (what doesn't!)
Overall review: Great vehicle. Tons of fun offroad.
Nice Smaller SUV by ASG from NY on 05/11/2009. Trim: 2003 Land Rover Freelander SE, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I love the heated seats, moon roof and all wheel drive. Very comfortable.
Cons: Bought the car a year ago and it was supposedly certified pre-owned but have had a lot of issues with it. My head gasket blew and I have water that leaked into my oil and almost ruined my engine. I hate buying parts for it because it's so difficult and expensive.
Overall review: I love that it's not a huge SUV and it can go a lot of places I never thought it could. Very durable little car
Great Little Truck by Lansing, MI on 02/26/2009. Trim: 2003 Land Rover Freelander SE3, Owned 6 years.
Pros: Great in snow! Fits in tight spaces on and off road. Smooth on the highway even at higher speeds.
Cons: Towing Capacity Serviceable by Land Rover Only
Overall review: Great little truck with lots of flexibility. The styling is uniquely Land Rover and for the price, you can't beat it. On the service side, it could get expensive to do anything more than an oil change.
Its not bad by kurt from mex on 11/30/2007. Trim: 2003 Land Rover Freelander SE, Owned 1 year.
Pros: fun to drive and my kid like it
Cons: not much room in the back
Overall review: like it but am having truble with the trans
Review ID: #519352 Is this review offensive?
Classy Chassis! by Happy SC Owner on 10/16/2007. Trim: 2003 Land Rover Freelander SE, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I especially like the solid feel of the vehicle when driving. It has a very tight suspension and a substantial "feel" when in motion. I also like the quick acceleration when merging onto the interstate along with the responsive steering. All components are easily managed and logically placed.
Cons: The only thing about the Freelander that puzzles me is the need for the rear window to slide down when opening the rear door. This seems like an unnecessary opportunity for a future repair as this is controlled electronically. Why not simply redesign the rear to accommodate the opening of the door?
Overall review: Overall, this is a fine vehicle. I am really thrilled with it. Would recommend it to anyone looking for a reliable, classy and fun vehicle.