1994 Ford Taurus

1994 Ford Taurus pictures
1994 Ford Taurus Prices
1994 Ford Taurus Fuel Economy
Not worth it by Bill from Ohio on 10/18/2012. Trim: 1994 Ford Taurus GL, Owned 1 year.
Pros: This car has a large trunk space and fairly quiet.
Cons: Where do I start? The engine is extremely weak, especially for the weight of the car, and gets bad gas mileage. The transmission is also horrible. It'll slip during hard acceleration and downshifting. The speedo only goes up to 85 mph and shakes all of the way, the interior is cheap, the seats aren't comfortable, cruise control works poorly, the cupholders are worthless and there is no space in the car to put anything (not even a compartment in the arm rest).
Overall review: I've replaced a lot on this car when I got it (at 60K) including new cap, rotor, plugs, wires, coil, ac belt, waterpump. . . the list goes on. I still get poor gas mileage after all of this and it's only a matter of time before something else goes wrong.
Not Worth It by LucyGoosey on 02/27/2012. Trim: 1994 Ford Taurus GL, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: Decent gas mileage, attractive body shape and interior, rides smoothly.
Cons: Held up solidly until about 50k, then a regular guest at the mechanic's. Repeated brake and alternator problems, transmission went at 60k, ac compressor went at 65k-would have been more to fix than was worth to me at the time.
Overall review: The interior was roomy and nice, however, accesories appeared to be cheaply made-lots of problems with knobs breaking off the console, the power windows went and it was a really expensive repair in order to pass inspection. I maintained the engine well with faithful oil changes and routine maintenence, however, had continual problems-found myself on the side of the highway cursing on many occasions. Once the first major problem occurred, everything seemed to quickly decline. It is a comfortable ride, good size car for a family, lots of trunk space, pretty to look at, but not built Ford tough in my opinion. This car was ultimately totalled in a flood and frankly, I was glad to get it off my hands. If you can find it really cheap and won't be driving it much, it might be a decent bet, but I would never mess with this model/year again.
A great car by Andrew from Brazil on 11/14/2011. Trim: 1994 Ford Taurus LX, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: Reliable, comfortable, well optioned, good looking.
Cons: Transmission issues-that's it!
Overall review: I bought the car 3 years and 28,000 kms (17,500 miles) old, and after driving this car for over 14 years and a total of 127,000 kms (approx. 80,000 miles), the only major problem was the transmission (damaged after bottoming out on a dirt road, needing expensive repairs twice). Other repairs (radiator, steering) could have been caused by bad roads here in Brazil. Car came fully loaded (leather, sunroof, CD, power everything, floor shifter), and everything still works (clock and CD player needed replacement). I plan to keep it for a long time.
Love My 3.0L SHO by Bill (Colorado) on 08/08/2010. Trim: 1994 Ford Taurus SHO, Owned 8 years.
Pros: When running right this car is very fast. My 3.0L SHO has 274,000 miles and is running strong. Takes routine maintenance to keep the car running strong. I got this car from its first owner, my dad when it had 212,000 miles. If you have a knowledge of cars, this is a fun car to have. I have rebuilt, suspension, brakes, and done a complete tune up including new sensors, spark plugs, wires, valve gaping, and this car runs great.
Cons: If you have the SHO model, I would suggest that you know something about cars. If you do have problems they have the repair cost of a BMW. My recommendation to buy this vehicle is low because without the tools to work on this car, you could spend $$$$$$$ fixing it.
Overall review: Great car if maintained. I got mine in bad shape, and have spent a couple thousand repairing it. Should run for another 250,000 no problem.
My Lite Green Yacht by TaUrUsRiDeR from Minnesota on 03/28/2010. Trim: 1994 Ford Taurus GL, Owned 1 year.
Pros: everything. i love this car, not only being my first car, but nothing goes wrong with it.
Cons: not a thing. there is a review by a guy named "rain", who says don't buy sho models. don't listen to that. SHO's are actually quite a lot better. HOWEVER, IF YOU OWN A GEN 3 (1996-99) SHO, HAVE THE CAMSHAFTS WELDED!!! you'll love yourself. Find just about everything from maintainence to modifications @ Taurus Car Club of America.
Overall review: i love this car. if you Don't want problems, buy one