2003 Lexus IS 300

Best bang for the buck. Toyota reliability and comfort!!! by ToyotaHead-Lee on 09/15/2011. Trim: 2003 Lexus IS 300 5-Speed Sedan, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Styling is awesome, from the flushed aggressive looking headlights to the tail lights, this car turns heads everywhere I take it. Extremely rare to find a 5spd SPORT DESIGN. The engine purrs and rarely no engine noise when on the highway. It is really a blast to drive and sticks to corners great. Get the 5spd if you can find one. Interior leather is comfortable and strongly recommended vs the suede/leather combo as the suede gets dirty and eventually wears down causing it to peel or unstitch. Gauge cluster design looks good. All interior controls are within easy reach and basic. Sound system is better than average for its time. Seats 4 adults and one child comfortably. Strongly recommend!!!!
Cons: Some minor things such as the rear seats should be able to fold down vs. having the little pop out for skis in the rear seats. Would be nice to have heated/cooled seats. Engine is peppy, but could use more horsepower for its class at the time (at least 280+). Sound system could use a boost (JBL/BOSE/PIONEER) from the factory like how the top model Celica's came w/ JBL system. Gas mileage could be better (for any car)
Overall review: I stepped out of a 1995 Supra (NA) for my IS300. Though they share the same engine, the IS300 engine was a newer revised engine w/ VVTi. My family and I are Toyota heads and we drive nothing but Toyotas. This car is the first Lexus (still heart of Toyota) in the family and everyone loves it. My wife loves it the most because its a big change from her 2006 4Runner. My dad likes it because it its a 5spd and a 4 door sedan, to where he can drive it hard and get groceries w/ it. Both my brothers drive turbo'ed Toyotas (Celica All-Trac and MR2) and they rather take the IS300 for reliability and comfort. For me, I like everything about it. I searched for almost 2 years to find the "Perfect" IS300 for me and now I have. The car is a rare find in a 5spd Sport Design in black. I'm going to drive this car until it can go no more......which will be forever. If you're having doubts, go test drive one, or ask your friends/family who owns one. They'll recommend you get one as well...in a 5spd. Thx
The best Lexus to drive by Tom Crue on 05/19/2011. Trim: 2003 Lexus IS 300 5-Speed Sedan, Owned 8 years.
Pros: I've being driving my Is300 for more than 7 years, and it feels like new; no problems at all for more than 150,000 miles.
Cons: Radio factory, but tou can fix it for a couple of 100's.
Overall review: Is a very reliable car, the only thing that I have done to it is the oil changes every 3,000 miles.
Quick head turner by John from Kingston PA on 02/10/2009. Trim: 2003 Lexus IS 300 E-Shift Sedan, Owned 6 years.
Pros: acceleration, looks, modification possibilities, leather seats, rear wheel drive
Cons: none
Overall review: This car is the best I have ever owned. I have 90000 miles on it and only had to change the oil, put a couple of sets of tires on it, and new brakes and rotors. other than that nothing. excellent build quality interior does not rattle its nice and tight, and this car turns heads.
Perfection without the heavy price tag! by Shinishiro from New Orleans on 07/16/2008. Trim: 2003 Lexus IS 300 5-Speed Sedan, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I love the design/styling, performance platform, and the ease of upgrades. With minimal funds invested, you can turn this mild luxury sedan into a devourer of the open road.
Cons: The lack of interior color choices for the 5-speed model. There were only a few to chose from.
Overall review: Absolutely the best sports car available in '03 model year. The exterior design related to those looking for a sporty luxury model, as well as, those needing a sporty luxury model with plenty of performance upgrade potential. It truly has been a pleasure to drive this car, perform upgrades, and realize the quality construction invested by Lexus.
2003 IS - Finally Got One by Andy in Indy on 03/06/2008. Trim: 2003 Lexus IS 300 E-Shift Sedan, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Fantastic quick sedan. Looks and performs like a smaller car but has room for four and a sizeable trunk to stow luggage or purchases. This car handles like a dream.
Cons: Interior is a bit sparse for a luxury sedan. Should have had heated seats.
Overall review: I would recommend this car to folks looking to turn heads around town and watch folks disappear in the rear view mirror on the highway. A great mix of performance, comfort and luxury. The second I parked this in the lot at work everyone asked about by 'huge' raise. Apparently it looks expensive!