2003 Subaru Impreza Wagon

2003 Subaru Impreza Wagon Prices
2003 Subaru Impreza Wagon Fuel Economy
2 3 4 5 6 7  Next
A perfect combination of practicality and fun by An MSN Autos Consumer on 01/23/2006. Trim: 2003 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX, Owned 4 years.
Pros: It's fun to drive, handles beautifully in all weather, and can hold an amazing amount of stuff on long trips. Corners like it's on rails. Plenty of power for whatever kind of driver you are.
Cons: A bit of a rough ride, the interior could use a bit of updating.
Overall review: Definitly worth buying again though. An absolute blast to drive!
Survived New England snow storm of '03 by SnowDriver on 02/19/2003. Trim: 2003 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Performance is awesome for <25K. Love the styling, though not everyone does.
Cons: Interior plastic is relatively cheap and paint chips rather easily, but they make touch-up paint for a reason. Six speed would be nice.
Overall review: I live in South Western PA, right in the heart of the snow storm that swept through the in February. My '03 WRX went right through, no problems at all. I was amazed with the snow performance. I took it out during the storm just because I could! I highly recommend the Sonic Yellow paint, if you can find it.
"Can Do" car, fast in any weather, hauls all kind of stuff too! by Sinbad, PA on 10/16/2013. Trim: 2003 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: The WRX hatchback is a true all purpose drivers car. Gets up and goes, no matter what the road conditions. Comfortable for long trips, drove it 1000 miles straight a few times. Great leg room for a 6'+ guy with very comfortable seats. 23 to 26 mpg. In 11 years and 100000 miles, no reliability issues at all. Tows a 1000 lb Waverunner and trailer like it's not there. Fantastic climate control system, I added a heated seat and moonroof to make it even better. In the almost 50 years I have owned cars, this is by far my favorite. I have had European cars that drove great, but a costly PITA to keep running. Tires, brakes, gas and oil, that's it. Totally stock engine and manual transmission.
Cons: The headlights are woefully inadequate for the cars capabilities. I added very bright motorcycle LED lamps below the bumper to compensate for the weak high beams. The 105000 mile service is big bucks, I may trade for a new WRX or F-XT before I hit this mileage.
Overall review: If you are a performance driver who wants an all purpose primary car, this is it. Inexpensive to buy, insure (the wagon style anyway) and keep running. Rewards a precise driver who can go to the limit, but has the experience and maturity to not exceed it much. Looks great in world rally blue. The only way to get more bang for your buck is with a fast motorcycle.
The wife's car by Brian in NM on 11/25/2005. Trim: 2003 Subaru Impreza Wagon 2.5 TS, Owned 2 years.
Pros: AWD, fantastic vehicle for any need. We have crammed this car with loads that I thought we would need a truck or larger SUV for.
Cons: paint a bit suspect, seats over long periods of time can be uncomfortable.
Overall review: Best car we have ever owned.......too bad it's the wife's car and not mine.
Fool not to buy! by LaughingMan, Las Vegas on 08/24/2005. Trim: 2003 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Stylish, AWD, and I get aroused when I drive it. I tried all the cars in this category (turbo compact), and none could stand up. Head room was the best feature compared to the others, I am tall. I have only spent a couple three hundred dollars in mods and have already gained another 80 horses! I am an extremly proud owner of this car.
Cons: I wish Subaru made an STI Wagon!!! My car could use better breaking with those Brembos that are on the STI. Handling is great, but you have to spend another 3 or 400 bucks (at the least) to get rid of alot of oversteer. Everything else is a dream
Overall review: Overall, I would only purchase the WRX version of this car. Just a plain old Impreza won't due. As I said I wish they had an STI Wagon, so plan to spend some money if you want the STI performance. All-in-all its been the best car I have ever bought, and I hope it stays that way! I am only at 40k and going strong.(I am knocking on wood!)
2 3 4 5 6 7  Next