2003 Subaru Baja

My Hawaiian Baja by Timith on 01/14/2011. Trim: 2003 Subaru Baja Sport, Owned 6 years.
Pros: I bought my 2003 baja in 2005 and to this day...it has never broken down! Amazing...I have followed my unscheduled maintanence requirements and the truck runs like the day I bought it! I have 131,000 miles on it and quality of the ride it still super!
Cons: Nothing!
Overall review: If you can buy one...buy it!
"The Subaru Baja is a Great Vehicle" by Rob on 03/02/2014. Trim: 2003 Subaru Baja LDT, Owned 2 years.
Pros: My Baja is very good driving in the winter snow and ice. It performs well on slippery roads. It rides very nice on all road types (dry, wet, snow, ice, mud, dirt). Easy to care for due to the side panels it washes and waxes nice.
Cons: I wish my Baja had more interior storage room.
Overall review: The Baja is a great vehicle. It is useful to carry larger items with the pick-up back. Works well for vacations, family is comfortable in the car like interior and all suitcases and supplies fit nice in the back. This is a great everyday vehicle, it rides nice, handles well on all road conditions, easy to drive, low maintenance costs, good on gas. My Baja is the five speed its a lot of fun to drive. It works perfect for me, I can put my gear in the back and go just about anywhere I need to go. My job takes me to a lot of construction sites and I can easily get to where I need to in my Baja.
Fun, safe, and versatile. by Boycbronco on 03/20/2013. Trim: 2003 Subaru Baja, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Handles great. Awesome traction in winter and on wet roads. Versatile with the pickup bed and the back seat conversion that allows hauling long loads. Decent power and economy.
Cons: Poor head gasket design leads to frequent failure on these 2.5 litre motors. Driver's seat can be too firm for the rear end on long trips. Fit and finish of some of the exterior trim pieces leaves a bit to be desired (fasteners falling out). " Leather "upholstery torn on driver's seat by 100K miles.
Overall review: It is a good combination of versatility, drivability, safety, and economy. It could be improved with better engine design (coolant passages and head gaskets), better upholstery, and more comfortable seating.
Great Northwest by Dozer from WA on 06/02/2012. Trim: 2003 Subaru Baja LDT, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Excellent handling Versatility Great looking in Baja Yellow Comfortable ride
Cons: Weak acceleration
Overall review: A great vehicle for the great northwest...
Update--Fun, Versatility, Function, and Reliability! by edit_rrrr from Ohio on 01/19/2010. Trim: 2003 Subaru Baja Sport, Owned 8 years.
Pros: Distinctive, bordering on quirky--so it gets noticed for all (well, most) of the right reasons. Great mpg, comfort, versatility, traction--and reliability.
Cons: Distinctive--so it is evident if one's vehicle does not appear in the parking lot at work on time!
Overall review: This is an update to review #340735. More than six trouble-free years later, my Baja is still the best! The 150,000 miles on the odometer have included Ohio winters, one marauding highway-mad deer, endless trips to-and-from work, rare off-road escapades, and a lot of enjoyable cross-country trips, with and without purpose. No vehicle could have done it better.