2003 Lexus GS

2 3 4 5 6 7 8  Next
The complete package by Dave from San Diego on 04/17/2003. Trim: 2003 Lexus GS GS 430, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Performance is top shelf. GS430 is very quick. Given how quiet it is you need to make sure you keep the speed below triple digits. Quality from top to bottom. Navigation system and Levinson sound system is stellar. Service - Service - and did I mention Service?
Cons: Very few dislikes. "Tinny sound to the trunk"...OK I'm reaching.
Overall review: Drove BMW - Mercedes - Lexus. If you can keep "hood ornament" envy out of play, this car will win you over as the complete package at a far lower cost than the others.
Shhhhhhh! by Brandt on 01/15/2008. Trim: 2003 Lexus GS GS 300, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Shhh! Do you hear that. That's right, you don't because you are riding in a Lexus. The engine is whisper quiet as well as the ride. It's a little spooky sometimes.
Cons: It has the Toyota Supra engine. Wish they included a turbocharger.
Overall review: Great quiet ride. Bought mine used with 40K left. Took it to the dealer because the stereo was bad. They replaced it without a fuss. The maintenance tends to be high priced, but I haven't had to do much to it in the year + I've had mine.
Smooth Operator by An MSN Autos Consumer on 12/04/2004. Trim: 2003 Lexus GS GS 430, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Solid, tight cabin with premium leather and options. Problem free. V8 has power across the rpm range and the car still looks great. In fact I'm not sure the new 2006 model looks better but will wait and see. The new 5 series BMW doesn't look as good the last model for instance, IMHO.
Cons: No paddle shifting for the 01-05 GS 430s like the 400s had. I guess it had to do with certifying the 430 engine as ULEV.
Overall review: Does everything really well. Disagree with buyer's remorse's eval. If you want a big, smooth v8 with a nice ride and fast this is it. Performance to me is speed first and I've never had trouble with G35s, and they seem so cheap inside (they've gotten a little better). Obviously a stick G35 with sport suspension would be sportier but then you are talking about different intents. The new M45 is still only going to be a 5 speed and that kind of bums me out. Luckily there are alot of great cars to choose from.
Smooth Looking by Cool Rider on 02/05/2004. Trim: 2003 Lexus GS GS 300, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I like about this car is a smooth ride, comfort, and the performance.
Cons: I kinda dislike one thing this car is the rear seat can not open foward. Therefore, I can not load anything large back of the trunk.
Overall review: This car is a wonderful, fun to drive in town. I recommend if someone is looking for a car I suggestion to test drive the GS300 and GS430. It will know your socks off. The bottom line is it's a great car and I love it.
Top Of The Line............. by Rocky Top Bob on 01/12/2003. Trim: 2003 Lexus GS GS 430, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Everything
Overall review: Best vehicle I have ever owned.........
2 3 4 5 6 7 8  Next