2003 Volvo XC90

Volvo - Swedish Iconoclasm by Rojo on 10/01/2011. Trim: 2003 Volvo XC90 T6 AWD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: There's probably nothing safer on the road. Volvo replaced the transmission and cooling system at no charge after 90,000 miles with the new heavier duty tranny. This car should easily go another 100K miles. Excellent premium sound system includes a six CD changer and is the best I've ever heard in any car. Safety features include anti-whiplash seats in the front, boron steel pillars and reinforcements, side impact protection airbags for the body and your head, and for your passengers, too. Google the videos of a double rollover of an XC90 compared to a Ford Explorer. It will make a believer out of you.
Cons: Gas mileage is less than ideal, but I'm willing to overlook the mileage because of the safety features. With careful acceleration and braking you can get 25 mpg on the highway. Volvo parts have always been about twice the cost of domestic vehicle parts.
Overall review: My sixth Volvo since the 60's. In over forty years of driving Volvos I only had one breakdown on the highway back in the 70's. This is the best one yet and now that I'm 65 I enjoy a lot of the bells and whistles like navigation, back-up warning, heated seats, dual climate control, sunroof, and push button mirrors. I am a conservative driver who is not searching for screeching performance but, this 6000 pound turtle will beat a lot of hares in the long run. Because of the early tranny problems with the T6 the resale price for the XC90s is depressed. Look for a used one with a documented new tranny replaced by Volvo.
Awsome suv by An MSN Autos Consumer on 11/16/2013. Trim: 2003 Volvo XC90 T6 AWD, Owned 8 years.
Pros: Everything we'll built and very comfortable
Cons: Not to much little sensor problems here and there
Overall review: I would buy another one very stylish
Volvo xc90 real review by a dad by Nickolas jones on 08/23/2013. Trim: 2003 Volvo XC90, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Great car never ever had any transmission problems and I have 108k miles solid and safe
Cons: Eats gas
Overall review: Excellent all around safe family car
Never Again by An MSN Autos Consumer on 01/19/2009. Trim: 2003 Volvo XC90 T6 AWD, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Safety.
Cons: This is the worst vehicle I've ever owned. I would not recommend this vehicle to anyone. I have had problems with the air conditioning that since the day I purchased it and it still doesn't work properly, the transmision has been replaced once and it needs to be replaced again. The radio doesn't work. These are just some of the many problems I've had. I've owned the XC90 for 4 years and it's been in the shop over 20 times.
Overall review: I paid $40,000. for a vehicle I expected to be safe and reliable. This is not a reliable vehicle. There are too many problems and the upkeep is very expensive. The XC90 is hard on tires and brakes.
CX90 For Life by nicole from PA on 01/18/2008. Trim: 2003 Volvo XC90 2.5T AWD, Owned 5 years.
Pros: I purchased mine the day after a snow storm when my car could not get up the mountain road in 2003.I still have it. I do not have the third row of seats because I use the large space for shopping and transporting larger items. It works great!! I have even transported a twin mattress set. The second row of seats are easy to put up and down which I do frequently. The tailgate is cool! I love the feel of the steering wheel and how the vehicle maneuvers. I know the early ones had not the best reviews but I have not had any problems with this first year model. I love it!!!! . I had a Volvo 850 before but when I move to PA I needed an SUV to get up the mountains/hills. It has served me very well.
Cons: I wish I had chosen the V-6 now that I do more highway driving. Being a female I would like more cubby places to place little stuff in reach from the driver's seat.
Overall review: Overall just right!! I love it!!!
Review ID: #521902 Is this review offensive?