2003 Audi A4

campbellface by jamesadrian on 03/07/2012. Trim: 2003 Audi A4 1.8 T, Owned 1 year.
Pros: it look an run great
Cons: it drink gas in t mode
Overall review: 9
Must have MONEY by Kyla from Spokane on 05/06/2008. Trim: 2003 Audi A4 1.8 T, Owned 2 years.
Pros: OK, it's a beautiful car, runs great, great gas mileage, fast, once it gets going. smooth. comfortable.
Cons: I bought it, and it needed a new transmission sensor, over 1000 bucks for that, cheapest i saw. every 10k miles or so it needs a service, full, understandable, but it's pricey and most likely a dealer needs to do it, so double the price. i luckily found a mechanic here that actually works on audis (rare). after it's all said and done, at 112K, i've had it for 2 years and put probably $3K into it, mainly services, breaks and trans censor. I'm worried about the transmission itself, but we'll see. Amazingly enough, it's hard to sell. But it runs great now and of course is beautiful, but when something goes wrong, watch out!
Overall review: great car as long as you can afford to keep it up. really.
The source of my first gray hairs. YIKES! by An MSN Autos Consumer on 12/04/2008. Trim: 2003 Audi A4 1.8 T quattro with Tiptronic, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Very stylish, comfortable, fun to drive (when it's not in the shop).
Cons: This car will nickel and dime you. I've owned it for just over a year and have put on less than 10k miles on it. I've forked out thousands of dollars into problematic issues. The power steering pump has been replaced 3 times, several gaskets have gone out in the cooling system and now the security system in the ignition is going out. That's not to mention the issues like a bulb going out or the sunroof opening on it's own. The materials used on the inside trim are all peeling away - it almost looks as if someone painted over all of the interior parts, but this is the way it came from the factory. I've figured out why the previous owner only had the vehicle for a year before trading it in.
Overall review: I LOVE this car....when it works. Unfortunately it's been the only source of my headaches for the last 13 months. It's a scary thing when you know all the shop guys by name and they know you! Be very careful and do your research before purchasing this car. Then just be prepared for a lot of time with the dealer.
My baby by An MSN Autos Consumer on 06/08/2007. Trim: 2003 Audi A4 3.0 Cabriolet, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Handling is superb, hugs the corners like no tomorrow. Wouldn't own any other convertible. Drives like a dream
Cons: N/A
Overall review: There isn't a rating that could be high enough on this car
Review ID: #512059 Is this review offensive?
Find a good repair guy by Lee, Texas on 05/10/2007. Trim: 2003 Audi A4 3.0 quattro with Tiptronic, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I love the handling, interior is top quality and it's not another BMW..... BUT......
Cons: This is a big vent for me. I have owned the vehicle for less than one year.. in that time I have spent over $4,000 on keeping the d@mn thing on the road. First a dead battery... OK, I'll let that one slide....At just over 50,000 miles I needed new control arms, brake rotors warp constantly (most of my miles are freeway driving so no heavy brake use), then the window mech. crapped out, then the moonroof, then a $2,500 torque converter. Then it started vibrating on and off and no one can tell me why. Finally, I was 200+miles from home and the fuel pump died... and all this before 65,000 miles. The dealers are a waste of time and Audi USA has been as useful as a chocolate teapot.
Overall review: I wish I had stayed with BWM. 150K miles in my old 3 series and all I did was change the oil and put gas in the tank. Audi - How utterly disappointing!