2003 Kia Sorento

2003 Kia Sorento SUV by Yvonne on 03/06/2012. Trim: 2003 Kia Sorento LX 4WD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: I like the appearance and I like the price I paid for it.
Cons: I have had this car since it had 50,000 miles on it and it currently has 118,000 miles. It seems to me that this car has require more maintenance then other cars I have had in the past. I have done a lot to this car like replace the battery at 66,500 miles, replaced Front struts and rear stocks, timing belt/drive belts, tires, Head light bulbs, water pump, crankshaft position sensor, replaced drive shaft at 75,000 miles, brakes, fuel temp sensor, rear axle, and hoses.
Overall review: Overall the warranty and maintenance is not the greatest. Quality in parts not very good but other then that it is okay. it will get you where you are going. From point A to point B.
Great SUV by David on 01/25/2012. Trim: 2003 Kia Sorento EX 4WD, Owned 9 years.
Pros: I love everything about our Sorento. Doing regular maintenance saves so much trouble people. Only had to change a Cam Shaft sensor in 85,000 miles. Maintenance is a little pricey but it is with all new vehicles. Gas mileage is fine, if you want better buy an electric car and lose out on the great performance of this car. Headlights burn out sometimes, but that is the nature of lights. The rougher you drive the car the more they burn out.. Did all maintenance schedules at 30,000 and 60,000 and the car still drives like new. I use synthetic oil which I believe gives the engine a smooter run and improves gas mileage..
Cons: None
Overall review: This is a great overall SUV. Definitely would buy again
Great car for Mom! I just love it! by Lori from Humble on 11/04/2005. Trim: 2003 Kia Sorento EX 2WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: The ride is like floating on air. Roomy and comfortable for both driver and passengers. Plenty of storage space.
Cons: I have not found much to dislike about it considering the price.
Overall review: I have seen complaints about the gas mileage, remember it's an SUV, compare it to the competitors. Try Amsoil, we are getting 20 miles to the gallon. Performance it impressive as well.
almost unbeatable by Porsche928S4 - Canada on 09/10/2008. Trim: 2003 Kia Sorento EX 4WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Feels like an exoensive vehicle with many factory standard options, even underguard protection.
Cons: Parts are not as widely available
Overall review: Excellent vehicle compared to Honda Pilot (big and ugly), Mercedes 420-540, and even BMW X3. Yes, only these upper class vehicles can be compared to the Sorento. It's a shame they are so much more expensive.
VERY HAPPY WITH MY SORENTO by Nona on 09/15/2007. Trim: 2003 Kia Sorento LX 2WD, Owned 4 years.
Pros: All pros as far as I am concerned. Choosing a Kia was a complete accident, but this was a good accident in my book. I have had no problems with my Sorento,other than it eats headlight bulbs. I have gone well over my 100,000 miles and plan on trying for 200,000. My mileage runs 22 mpg all the time, but has gone as high as almost 27 on trips.
Cons: Kia service is the worst service I have ever seen for new or used vehicles. The headlight issue was a problem, but I haven't had to change a bulb in almost a year now.
Overall review: Overall, I don't know when I have owned a more comfortable, reliable, and sturdy vehicle. Most of my driving is highway and I am not afraid to take this vehicle on a long trip at any time. Several other family members have purchased Kia vehicles since I bought mine, and they are all please with them. Kia does need to put some attention to the service departments that are responsible for keeping Kia vehicles on the road