2003 Audi A6

Excellent luxury vehichle by Girly Girly from CT on 08/05/2007. Trim: 2003 Audi A6 3.0 with Tiptronic, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: It drives beautifully and is stylish and comfortable
Cons: There is no "off" button for the AC, you have to keep pushing the -- button
Overall review: Great car.
(Audi) stands for All Ur Dough Init. by TGZMAN on 04/10/2012. Trim: 2003 Audi A6 2.7 T with Tiptronic, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Great car for Colorado and snow, probably the best at winter driving with snow tires, and I have owned several 4wd vehicles from Toyota trucks, Ford trucks and Ford Explorer. Love the power, the dual temp zones and my kids love the heated seats in the back. Was a great car until it turned about 75K miles. Owned this car for 2 years now.
Cons: Yeah, they say that these are expensive to maintain, they weren't kidding. I had to rewrite because I didn't have enough space to talk about the bad. I will list. Turbos. $850-$3000, depending on what your mechanic will charge. Troque converter. $5000. Audi flaw. Just drive it until transmission fails, mechanic says, because that's what a new trans. cost. Engine leaks. $1100. 2 Gaskets. Front end because of the design, you can't align, replace entire front end. $5,000. Axle boot tear, replace entire axle. $380. Mechanic said that I should expect to pay $1500 a year to maintain. I have put in $4,965 for brakes, leaks, timing belt with all the fixin's last 6 months. ABS on???
Overall review: Clearly, the cons outweight the pros. Too bad. Really a pretty car and when the waring lights are off, a fun car to drive. To get all the lights off, it would cost me at least $12,000 and I maintain it according to car schedule. After 70K miles, your mechanic will become someone you talk to more then your mother. I have 86K miles on it now and can't drive it more than a week without a new warning light coming on. Clearly, this car will need everything replaced. FOR SALE. Low mileage, beautiful Audi A6 twin turbo that will remind you of christmas everytime you start it up. The lights are bright and you go broke everytime you fix it.
High performance enigma by Motorhead - St. Paul on 12/13/2007. Trim: 2003 Audi A6 3.0 with Tiptronic, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Accerlation, braking, handling are superb. As good as anything I've driven, and I've driven many German and American cars on the autobahn. The materials of the car are first rate inside and out.
Cons: This car seems to have many small annoying nuances to it. (Unacceptable for a car in this price range.) I bought this pre-certifed @ 36k mi's. The driver door squeaks sometimes, just enough to be annoying. The power steering pump is loud-ish. The dealer tells me this is an "audi thing", esp in the winter. (There is a TSB from Audi about the PS fluid level.) There is an unknown shimmy in the steering between 55 -70 mph. Odd. And every few thousand miles there is fan rattle in the dash. However, it lasts for just a moment or two. The controls for the audio are not well organized. In my Lincoln LS I could control everything from the steering wheel, no so Audi.
Overall review: I have had Chevys and Fords with > 100k mi's that don't behave like this. I am somewhat disappointed. However, this is still a good car in many ways. If you like performance and comfort, you will not be disappointed. Also, if you like people ooooing and ahhhing at your car, this is it. And I cannot say enough about the Quattro. Incredible! Trucks, 4x4's, SUVs should be ashamed.
Review ID: #520003 Is this review offensive?
kicks a trucks 4 wheel drive by ma from nc on 01/22/2009. Trim: 2003 Audi A6 3.0 with Tiptronic, Owned 6 years.
Pros: the amazing quattro system, audi always does its best and has never lets me down, even during sevice. if you are into a chep car dont buy it, because personally to me it kicks a bentlys a*s and kills the roll royce in comfort
Cons: Nothing at all except the interior pain comes off sometimes but nothing a service cant fix
Overall review: THE BEST CAR OF 03!!!!
" Sweet Ride " by Denver Commuter on 02/17/2008. Trim: 2003 Audi A6 2.7 T, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Fast , Excellent Handling , Stands out in a crowd , interior flawless , 6 Speed Manual is Awsome .
Cons: When setting cruise speed sometimes accidently flashes high beams . No steering wheel mounted controls for stereo and crusie control .
Overall review: I've owned my A-6 eight months now and still look forward to my daily commute , 0-60 in a snap and 70-90 as quick as a down shift . Fuel milage average 23.5 mpg at 5200 feet . Would never go back to a domestic . Smooth as silk .