2003 Nissan Pathfinder

Great Buy by An MSN Autos Consumer on 07/22/2008. Trim: 2003 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4WD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Off Highway ability exceeds competitors in Luxury SUV market
Cons: difficult to service on your own
Overall review: Great SUV. Would buy another
The best Pathfinder yet! by Mike in Maine on 08/30/2007. Trim: 2003 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4WD, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Excellent all mode 4 wheel drive system in the LE, allows for 2 wheel drive, all wheel drive, 4 high and 4 low. 240 HP 3.5 liter 6, has plenty of power. Great BOSE stereo. The LE model is loaded with high end feature, fully auto sunroof, heated leather seats, climate control, full auto up and down driver and passenger power windows. Fits 4" normal" sized people fine. If you are tall or really fat, you might find the inside a little tight. Has been dead reliable. Awesome in the snow! climate control system works great. I really can't say enough good about it.
Cons: None really. I wish that they would make a law stopping people from buying 6 or 8 cylinder SUV's and crying about poor gas MPG! They are not meant to get good mileage, they are meant for towing a boat, getting to work in 18 inches of snow. Getting to our cabin in the mud season. If people want gas mpg buy a Prius.
Overall review: This is my 3rd Pathfinder , a 90 XE 129,000, a 95 SE 156,000 and now a 2003 LE 59,000. All were incredibly excellent reliable SUV's. As a matter of fact the people that bought my 90 still drive it! As I said earlier, the inside is pretty plush, I was going to get a Lexus RX 300, for 46,000 grand, then I tried out the LE for 34K and beside the NAV system built into the RX the LE had the same options!,heated leather seats, climate control, power sunroof, power everything, memoery seats the whole deal. Actually the LE has 20 more HP, 2000 lbs more towing capacity, an all mode AWD system mentioned earlier, the RX has permanent all wheel drive only. The RX had the LE beat in interior noise and seats were a little more comfortable. I bought a Garmin NAV for 500 dollars and can use it both cars! Really for 12 grand more the RX was in no way worth it. I average 18-21 mpg. I find the LE very comfortable, it is pretty quiet on the highway. Tows a trailer quite well.
on the fence. by An MSN Autos Consumer on 03/10/2007. Trim: 2003 Nissan Pathfinder LE 2WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Love the style, so pretty. The interior (w/leather) is great, the heated seats work really well, and the heating/ac works fabulously. Also, i like the door handles on the inside and outside of the car. Brakes are wonderful, odomoter and console are nice.
Cons: You hear alot of the engine noise, and there is this button under the shift lock button on the gear shift that puts the engine into overdrive, which half the time you don't realize you've pressed, and it burns SO MUCH gas. Rear window wipers arent great, and stuff gets stuck under the hood by the front wipers, theres a lot of room. Also, the audio could be better.
Overall review: I like this car, but i don't love it. I also own a volvo and find myself driving this and wishing i was driving the other car. Its a nice car as far as SUVs go, not totally obnoxious looking.
Great SUV by John from Westfield, NJ on 03/02/2004. Trim: 2003 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: The amount of standard options can not be beaten. Great acceleration. Fun to drive, reliable, economical. You get alot for your money. Nissan makes a great SUV. I love it
Cons: The only thing that I have noticed so far is blind spot in sideview mirrors, but otherwise the truck is great
Overall review: This is the best SUV I have driven so far. It is comfortable, handles great and had a nice kick with its V6 engine. I would recommend the Pathfinder to anyone looking for a midsize SUV.
The Diggity Bomb by Toni from Massachusetts on 02/14/2004. Trim: 2003 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I love it's look, size, comfort, ease of driving, heated seats, leather interior w/wood trim and it's name, Nissan stands for reliability and quality.
Cons: Nothing. Some of the dash gauges are a bit hard to see, I just have yo get used to it, I just recently purchased it.
Overall review: Overall rating is a 10. Best vehicle I have ever owned.