2003 Dodge Ram 1500

Beast Truck by Steven on 01/07/2012. Trim: 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT Short Bed 2WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I love my truck, I drove a minivan in school and sold it for a down payment. I've had it for over two years and I have had zero problems with it and it was pre-owned. Has 107,000 miles and is still running strong and smooth. Very reliable and pretty much problem free. I didn't think I would like a single cab truck but I couldn't afford anything else and there is plenty of room and I'm a big/tall guy. I have duel exhaust, new sound system, tinted windows to customize it. Love it. My dad has a 2005 full cab and all the other good stuff and his has been awesome too for about 4 years Also, no carpet which is surprisingly cool, easier to clean no real need for mats.
Cons: Only thing I want to upgrade is the manual windows/locks. Also, no overhead console. Get the SLT version if you want all of that. I will get them installed eventually.
Overall review: Great, good looking, reliable truck.
Didn't Buy For Gas Mileage by NeeNee form Milwaukee on 03/31/2009. Trim: 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT Quad Cab Short Bed 4WD, Owned 6 years.
Pros: Power, acceleeration and highway ride. This is a solid truck that can take some punishment. It is also very confortable for long hauls.
Cons: Gas mileage, but, then again, I didn't buy a truck for gas mileage.
Overall review: While everyone else was downsizing their engines, Dodge stayed with the Hemi. I'm glad because I bought this truck to pull a travel trailer. It's got more than enough to pull my 6,000 lb. trailer easily on the interstate. The interior is somewhat clandestine, but it's a truck, not a luxury SUV. I have owned it for 6 years and just had my first repair at 78,000 miles. (Busted valve spring). If I lost it tomorrow, I'd be back in the Dodge dealership the day after.
Do your research by An MSN Autos Consumer on 06/27/2005. Trim: 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie Quad Cab Short Bed 2WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: It is a truck.
Cons: Wind noise is loud. Plastic is just that....hard and ugly.
Overall review: it is a truck....and that's all it is. Should have bought another SUV. I will replace with a SUV at the earliest possible moment.
Enthusiast
TWO IS BETTER THAN ONE by An MSN Autos Consumer on 04/28/2012. Trim: 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT Quad Cab Short Bed 2WD.
Pros: I BOUGHT NEW IN 2003 1500 SLT QUAD CAB HEMI. NOW WITH 113,000 MILAGE STILL HAS THE POWER IT DID NEW. NO PROBLEMS, JUST BASIC CARE.
Cons: FRONT BEARING HUB RIGHT FRONT SIDE, HAD TO REPLACED TWICE.
Overall review: IT'S APRIL 2012, JUST BOUGHT A USED ONE. SAME YEAR(2003). SINCE THE USE TRUCK MARKET IS MAKING THEM A GOOD VALVE COMPARED TO NEW. THIS ONE IS SLT QUAD WITH 75,000 MILES ON IT. NOT SUPER CRAZY ABOUT THE 5.9 (360, RATHER HAVE A HEMI) BUT THE PRICE WAS RIGHT. IT EVEN CAME WITH A LEATHER INTERIOR. IT RIDES GREAT, NOW WE'RE A TWO 2003 DODGE TRUCK FAMILY.
One beautiful Red Truck!! by Mary, Muskegon, MI on 02/28/2011. Trim: 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT Quad Cab Short Bed 4WD, Owned 5 years.
Pros: We bought this vehicle used 5 years ago, and we have had no major problems with it so far, the few things that did come up were covered by the warranty, which passed from the first owners to us, so we got 7 year or 70,000 mile warranty, so it just went over the 70, 000 mile mark and its paid off and we just have to get some minor rust taken care of this summer on both of the back panels. But with the winters we have here in Michigan you come to expect it, but we want to own this for awhile so we are making sure it stays looking good.
Cons: Gas mileage right now
Overall review: I would recommend this truck to anyone looking for a good work truck, it is just an awesome truck. We just wish it got better gas milage