2003 Honda Civic

YOU CAN COUNT ON IT!! by mike friom fayetteville arkansas on 10/28/2011. Trim: 2003 Honda Civic EX Sedan, Owned 9 years.
Pros: other than normal maintenance, oil change regularly,brake check/pad chg if needed, changed timing belt at 100,000 miles along with the water pump as recommended. We are on 149,000 original miles now. We just bought 4 new tires, getting ready for a winter oil change. Had a belt needed replacement. couldn't be happier dependability of this car. We bought it the end of 2002. Gas mileage is great too!
Cons: I had to get used to the bit rougher ride than the Accord. My driver window won't raise after it was lowered in the cold w/o help. not bad for a car that is 9 yrs old!! :)
Overall review: totally reliable car. We are getting older, so I think we may buy a car that sits a little higher.. but for mid age or younger people.. it's fantastic.
It's a Honda by An MSN Autos Consumer on 10/25/2007. Trim: 2003 Honda Civic LX Sedan 4-spd AT, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Great driving position for taller people. It got excellent gas mileage for an automatic 27/29 in city, and 38/40 on highway. I liked the rear floorboard and how it was flat for all three passengers. I drove 45,000 miles in two years, and no engine problems! Great dash layout for radio/HVAC controls, and the speedometer lighting was really cool at night. The car had excellent resale value.
Cons: Factory tires were horrible! I replaced them at 23,000 miles with Yokohama Tires which made a difference in some ride quality. Slow acceleration going uphill and when merging on freeway with auto. transmission.
Overall review: Overall, you can't go wrong with these Civic's. This was my 3rd Honda; an 83 Accord, 92 Acura Integra, and the Civic. I'll be buying an 89 model soon! Look for the 88-91, and 92-95 models for a great cost/benefit factor.
best car i've ever owned, BY FAR by thwipp89 in chicago on 03/31/2013. Trim: 2003 Honda Civic EX Coupe 4-spd AT, Owned 10 years.
Pros: super-duper, unbelievably dependable and reliable. excellent gas mileage. i average about 30 mpg combined (probably 65% of that is city driving) and i have a very heavy foot.
Cons: the stock stereo was pathetic, so i got an aftermarket cd player and speakers right away. the transmission isn't always the smoothest. the seats could be a little more comfortable.
Overall review: the best car i've ever owned, by far! i bought this car new and 10 yrs later, i have 125k miles on it. outside of regular maintenance you'd have to do with any car, i can only recall spending $300 in non-maintenance repairs and almost all of that was muffler issues. $300 in repairs in 10 yrs?? that's unbelievable!! great gas mileage, too. i sooo wish i would've bought a honda long before this. all my previous american cars were complete money pits. after 10 yrs, i'd really like something new but this car has been so good to me and i love not having a car payment, so i'll probably keep it another 2-3 yrs, if not more. this car has been one of the best buys i've ever made.
I love my Civic by Margarita from Orlando, Fl on 03/17/2013. Trim: 2003 Honda Civic DX Coupe, Owned 10 years.
Pros: I bought this car from new and after 10 years and 110,000 miles still works very well. This good car only requires regular maintenance as scheduled. Very good performance overall. I love my car. Excellent choice for the price and quality.
Cons: I will suffer a lot when in the future I need to replace my car.
Overall review: Excellent
5 speed manual 90k plus miles=great! by JC on 07/16/2008. Trim: 2003 Honda Civic DX Coupe, Owned 5 years.
Pros: i currently have over 90k in this car. its my college car, drove back and forth from san francisco to LA for 4-5 years, never a problem. now as its getting older, still has good gas mileage....before i'd drive from s.f. and get to LA with 1/4 tank left, and by the time it ended the tank would have driven a total of 440-450 miles. now that im in LA, i average about 350 per tank which comes to about 30 mpg. it eats it faster if you drive faster, but generally speaking its a good car for gas. other goods--the interior, design, space, its actually spacious from the back, allowing for three adults to sit.
Cons: i got new tires, a new mp3 radio. the breaks are starting to shutter when stopping at high speeds, but i think i need to resurface the discs/pads. the doorlock has stopped working on the driver's side.
Overall review: excellent car for its value, easy to maintain, costs almost nothing to maintain, good mileage, space, reliable, economic and has a good style. great car! mine is a 5 speed manual.