2003 Chrysler Town & Country

Good Dependable Car with only preventative maintenance needed. . . so far by An MSN Autos Consumer on 04/12/2011. Trim: 2003 Chrysler Town & Country LX FWD, Owned 5 years.
Pros: I bought this vehicle in 2006 at about 35,000. I have not had any major problems out of it.
Cons: There is a rust spot forming over the left rear tire. But, overall that's it.
Overall review: Great car. Very dependable. I am currently at 103,000 miles and still going strong. I have had the breaks and roters replaced. As long as you keep up the preventive maintenance on this car it will last. I plan on driving it another 100,000 miles or as long as I can. LOL.
Review ID: #551975 Is this review offensive?
love it by dicks on 02/25/2011. Trim: 2003 Chrysler Town & Country Limited FWD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: great
Overall review: excellent
great van by An MSN Autos Consumer on 05/29/2009. Trim: 2003 Chrysler Town & Country Limited FWD, Owned 5 years.
Pros: good looking vehicle ,great ride
Cons: brakes were replaced at 12000
Overall review: better than dodge grand caravan it replaced
Repair Bill will Sink You!! by Brian on 05/06/2009. Trim: 2003 Chrysler Town & Country Base FWD, Owned 6 years.
Pros: We have had this van since 2003. We really liked the looks. Lots of room inside.
Cons: Seems like they are more repairs than should be. The brakes had to be replaced sooner than expected. Also, the driver power window motor went out at a cost of about $300. Then the front end had to be rebuilt because something went out. Of course, right after the warrently went out. Then the A/C had problems, to fix cost $950. Now the transmisson is leaking. But it is still covered on the limitied warrenty. Our mechanic tells me that all these problems are common in this type of van. I really don't know if I would but this a Chysler product again. My friends that have Honda Vans never have these type of repair bills for thier vans. (But I do like the looks of the new Chysler vans)
Overall review: Nice looking, but the repairs will cost you!
Great minivan for the money by Chrysler fan from upstate NY on 07/21/2008. Trim: 2003 Chrysler Town & Country LX FWD, Owned 5 years.
Pros: Value for the money. Utility. Fuel Economy. Build Quality - Rugged & Solid. Ride and handling after we changed the tires to a higher quality aftermarket tire. The OEM tires weren't great. Very quiet on the highway. Love the middle and rear seat mechanism(s) allowing for ease of removal and re-installation.
Cons: The factory supplied OEM tires. Evidence of a little more rust - specifically the rocker panels - than I would like but it has been through five upstate NY winters. Suspension with 7 people seems a little weak on rough roads but having said that, we are talking about a vehicle that I bought for several thousand dollars less than 20K (bought used) in the same model year it was built. Try finding a slightly used Honda, Toyota, or Nissan minivan in the year it was built for $14 to $16K - GOOD LUCK!
Overall review: Fantastic minivan for the money. No it isn't perfect but consider the fact that the drivers door on my neighbor's 2005 Toyota Sienna sounds like it is falling off, he had all (4) tires replaced by the dealer because they weren't wearing properly (misalignment problem), his stereo system is intermittent as it likes to turn itself off on a fairly frequent basis, his alloy wheels are bubbling from corrosion, etcetera. I will admit that part of the reason I am writing this review is because I am absolutely incensed by the fact that anything with a japanese badge on it gets A+ from Consumer Reports. It is a joke. Whatever happened to unbiased reporting. I do not work for an american auto company but I am a native born mechanical engineer and I am insulted at the fact that american automotive products are always considered inferior to japanese offerings. The american auto industry is partly to blame - but they finally got their act together folks! Give them some credit - please!!