2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

"Worth-Every-Penny" kind of vehicle by Bob Lucas on 06/29/2008. Trim: 2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320, Owned 5 years.
Pros: This vehicle is the best I have owned so far. My previous vehicle was a 1998 E 320, TROUBLE FREE for 130000 miles !!! You want more? You have to own one to apreciate it! There is no comparison with my previously owned vehicles: 03 Nissan Maxima - thirsty, braking problems, rust in 3 yrs?, 00 Pathfinder - thirsty, rusted too fast too, 98 Audi A4 - oil leaks in 5 different places, driveway ruined at home and at friends - sorry, time to go, next!
Cons: Nothing - I really thing it's the best. Ok, there's one thing, the price, but it's worth every penny... Hint to solve the problem: you don't have to buy it new, it doesn't stay that way too long...
Overall review: Let me put it this way: Mercedes is the best built vehicle I have owned so far. I also drove some other vehicles, but no comparison: Volvo - cheap feeling, Lexus - over-priced fragile tin-can Toyota, BMW - quality going down baby - built elsewhere than Germany it's a no go, Audi - too many problems - oil leaks, etc - you want me to go on?
My Sport 2003 Mercedes Benz by Indylane from Indianapolis on 12/21/2007. Trim: 2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E500, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Great Ride (air ride), Great handling, excellent performance V-8, comfort in driving distances is very good. I have the sport model with glass roof and my business clients are most impressed. The lines of the car's exterior looks like a cross between an executive business car and a sports car. The sound of the music system is excellent. The air filterng system has been a life saver from for grandson during pollen season. My limited need for service has also been great with my dealer World Wide Motors, Indianapolis.
Cons: Cell phone cannot use because of law requiring GPS chip and the 2003 E500 does not have such a chip. Bought a similar to with GPS to using in the car but would fit because of size of the craddle.
Overall review: I have owned Audi A6's, Avalon's and Cadillac's, but I am very impressed with the performance of 2003 E550 Mercedes Benz. What has amazed me was my service cost annually. My cost is about $300.00 annually. I have replaced tires and brakes once and currently have 48K miles. I have the Sport Model with glass roof. The car is great for business. When I valet park they keep the car right outside the restuarant. I will buy another Mercedes Benz.
Review ID: #520457 Is this review offensive?
W211 E240 4matic Avangarde automatic by Sasa from Belgrade on 07/31/2012. Trim: 2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Very comfortable, 100% reliable, very safe (especially in the winter, it gives a great advantage compared to other vehicles). Lots of room in the trunk. Beautiful looks, inside and out. Great for long distance driving. Very luxurious inside, confortable seats. Great handling and stability. Active-coal filter eliminates polen and fumes, 100% clean air in the cabin. Very practical and easy to drive. Great engine sound at high RPM, but no unpleasant noise. Keeps price value for re-sell. Excellent service network.
Cons: Relatively high petrol consumption, 9.5 to 14 liters per 100km. Due to relatively high weight, maximum acceleration is only moderate (10 sec from 0 to 100km/h). In my country, relatively high on taxes for annual registration renewal.
Overall review: I own E240 4matic Mercedes Benz, automatic, production year 2003, series W211, "avangarde" level of equipment. It's an excellent car, really had no problems with it whatsoever, it is very comfortable and safe. Mechanically it's absolutely 100% reliable. Lots of room for passengers and lots of room in the trunk. As it's a 4x4 model, I have no problems whatsoever in the winter, even with ice and snow on the road, with proper winter tyres it's unstoppable. All the features are very convenient and useful (parking sensors, rain sensors, board computer, heated seats and mirors, excelent stereo...) I wouldn't even consider buying any other car except Mercedes Benz in the future, as it I'm completely confident about their quality.
E500 mercedes by Sam from O.C on 01/28/2009. Trim: 2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E500, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Good body style if you fix it and fast car.
Cons: Taking too much gas.
Overall review: I love it, once a year i do service and oil change.
MB E500 Glowing Review by Tony Fan from Las Vegas on 06/02/2008. Trim: 2003 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E500, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I adore my E500, everything about it. I came up on the very beginning of a bad accident on the freeway and was amazed at the way this car handled. Had I been in any other vehicle, I am certain I would have been involved. This car is worth every cent.
Cons: I have trouble getting the fancy in dash doors to open from time to time, rear view mirror is hard to handle.
Overall review: A TEN.