2003 Dodge Intrepid

2003 Intrepid SXT Questionable Ride and Performance by Trevor Goble, Ottawa ON Canada on 08/25/2012. Trim: 2003 Dodge Intrepid SXT, Owned 9 years.
Pros: 2003 Intrepid SXT 3.5L is competent and extremely agile it is a good blend of family and sport performance. Body styling is attractive, headlight illumination is excellent. Power group options are easy to use along with the adjustable seats. The air conditioner is superb and again easy to use.
Cons: The length of the car could be a factor for some users and MSN specs are inaccurate since my particular SXT did in fact come with a sunroof. The sunroof has been trouble free but is prone to rust. The PCM, Cam and Crank Shaft sensors are problematic and can be costly as time progresses. To my undeerstanding there is a recall to reflash the PCM to accept the replacement parts but as of yet Dodge says no despite NHTA recall list.
Overall review: I have driven and owed many cars domestic and foreign. In my opinion one car is really not better then the next. While the foreign markets seems to be less trouble free they are in most case very costly to fix when a problem arises. The intrepid its self seems to be plagued with electrical engine issues but the rest seems to be fine. I can't say I would recommended it but it is not a bad buy just beyond routine maintenance. A true disappointment from Chrysler.
Check this out by Deadeye on 11/26/2003. Trim: 2003 Dodge Intrepid SXT, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Stylish for anyone, fun to drive with 250 hp and 250 ftlb of tourque, wide tires for great traction, where elese could you find a car like this for a price this cheep, this is the second Intrepid I owend.
Overall review: Rock on Dhamiler Chysler
My first nice car. Dreamed of having one when I was a kid by bill from Philadelphia on 10/27/2013. Trim: 2003 Dodge Intrepid ES, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Roomy. Good acceleration. Decent gas millage. Comfortable ride. Stylish. Luxurious and a great value for the money paid.
Cons: Tie rods, rack & pinion etc are not that durable. The design puts a lot of wear and tear on these parts. Going over pot holes will cause early replacements of these parts. Not that that is an excuse either way. It is the States fault for not using our tax dollars to repair the roads (instead of patching which does not count). Build quality is questionable on parts of the vehicle. Overall it is a good car but not without its faults.
Overall review: Great car. Dependable.
so far so good by josh oregon on 07/22/2008. Trim: 2003 Dodge Intrepid ES, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: color, fuel economy
Cons: rear veiw, difficult to see directly behind the car from drivers seat.
Overall review: so far its a good car. i bought it in may 2008 w/60000 miles on it for 4500 w/trade in but ive read some awful reviews about engine failure.
03 INTREPID by Stine 115 on 07/01/2008. Trim: 2003 Dodge Intrepid SE, Owned 4 years.
Pros: 28 mpg, 5 years 2 light bulbs, easy to change oil, 65,000 on first set of tires, it's a Dodge!
Cons: Has wind noise, over 75 mph with a cross wind, don't make it any more.
Overall review: We bought our Intrepid with 18,000 miles in 2004. I do my own maintaince and this car is the easiest to change oil and filter I have ever done. The only thing I have done to maintain the car is change 2 brake light bulbs. We have 72,000 miles on her now, how can you argue thay?