2003 Dodge Neon

love the neon by mike spfld ohio on 03/02/2012. Trim: 2003 Dodge Neon SXT, Owned 9 years.
Pros: Bought this car new in 2003 have had it almost 10 years. Put the usual front bushings in , new struts , several sets of brakes .2 timing belts and water pumps . Have never had the engine apart except the belts and pumps . I service it my self and do it faithfully. Clincher is it has 194000 miles on it looks good and still runs very well doesn't use oil I love it
Cons: The bushings in the front end failed very early. Other than that IT is great
Overall review: Good milage runs good handles good . Had little problems with it going for 250000 miles don't know if i'll get it
More reliable than you'd expect from a Neon by Dave on 01/28/2009. Trim: 2003 Dodge Neon SE, Owned 5 years.
Pros: This vehicle has been nothing short of impressive when it comes to it's reliability. In spite of what many of my friends thought about the Neon, I went ahead and bought this brand new with only 20 miles on it. It had been on the dealers lot for over a year, so I got it for under $10k! I've since put over 100k on the car and the only problems I've had with it have been self inflicted (too much tinkering under the hood on my part). The tinkering is partially because there's an abundance of aftermarket parts for Neon enthusiasts, which is a plus if you're in to adding performance to your car like I am. The gas mileage is excellent.
Cons: The only drawback I could find was that this base model didn't have a tach in the gauge cluster, so I bought an aftermarket tach (I like to know where my car is idling... I could guess, but I like to know exact numbers). This aftermarket tach lead to one of the self inflicted problems. The styling is pretty good, but the back end looked a little plain, so I felt compelled to add a spoiler. I used an SRT4 spoiler, which is a bit high for my taste, but I wanted to dress up the back end, but still be able to install a bike rack. The seats are fairly comfortable, but not enough lumbar support for my back, had to add a pillow for my back.
Overall review: Overall, I'd have to say this vehicle is one of the best I've ever owned. It's not luxurious or fast by any means, but it is fairly comfortable for a small car. The gas mileage (30 mpg, city & hwy combined) and reliability make it very affordable. It's very easy to work on, so routine maintenance is a piece of cake. The check engine light came on recently, and I was able to get the code by turning the key back and forth. I looked the code up online and found out it was a sensor I could get at any parts store for around $20 to $30. It took about an hour (had to remove the battery to get to it) but it was just a matter of unbolting the old and bolting on the new. Problem solved for under $30! The car is a little on the slow side in stock form, but there are plenty of aftermarket parts that will help give the car some pep, but without killing your fuel mileage. The car also handles pretty nicely for a car in this class. I will miss this car when it's time to replace it.
Bang-for-the-buck shoppers, look no further by Jonny from Boston on 11/07/2008. Trim: 2003 Dodge Neon SXT, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Bang-for-the-buck factor for this car simply can not be beat. Mid 30's miles per gallon fuel mileage with my normal weekly commute (half highway, half back roads). Great handling. I've got the 5-speed and it is really easy to drive.
Cons: The seats are ok for comfort, but aren't quite as supportive as I'd like. A little more padding on the doors and the armrest would be nice.
Overall review: I bought this car used with 27k miles on it when i graduated college. I didn't have much money and it was pretty much all I could afford for a car with at least some warranty still left on it. I've got over 100k miles on this car and it's been great from day one. Very reliable, trouble-free, economical, comfortable to drive in any weather conditions, handles well, lots of room for cargo, and fits in just about any parking space. It's an excellent car for the price. Certainly much less expensive than a used Corolla or Civic and every bit as reliable.
dodge means "to avoid" by dodging dodges on 03/31/2005. Trim: 2003 Dodge Neon SE, Owned 2 years.
Pros: it performs descently well, it looks good with the high spoiler and alloys, descent stereo, nice interior
Cons: the quality is horrendous, gas cap sensor goes every week, 700 dollar electrical problem, gear box is gone, warranty won't cover it. (It's one thing to have it on paper but when its time to repair you're in for a fight. tire wear is quick. dealer service is terrible
Overall review: it looks pretty good, but dodge needs to get their act together, especially with quality and customer service
Beware of automatic tramssion problems by An MSN Autos Consumer on 03/06/2013. Trim: 2003 Dodge Neon SXT, Owned 6 years.
Pros: Nice looking car, handles very well, easy to drive
Cons: Transmission is a major problem around $100k miles Watch the auto transmission has poorly designed cooling system. Install an external trans cooler
Overall review: Not a bad car, but when it breaks, it's super expensive.