2003 Toyota Celica

2003 Toyota Celica Prices
2003 Toyota Celica Fuel Economy
An Absolute Pleasure by Chemical Engineer from Canada on 06/05/2012. Trim: 2003 Toyota Celica GT, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I will be honest: I bought this car mainly because it is beautiful, and has a classic shape. I think it looks better than a lot of the brand-new coupes being sold right now. Inside, you get Toyota's good-quality materials, and the front seats are just fantastic. Now, about performance: this car is by FAR the best handling vehicle I have ever driven. I am fortunate to live near some excellent mountain roads, and this car puts a smile on my face every time I tackle the corners. Lastly: fuel economy. This car may not look it, but it is extremely fuel-efficient. I can get up to 30 mpg if I'm not driving like a hooligan, and that figure only goes up with highway driving.
Cons: The only thing I sort of dislike in this vehicle is off-the-line acceleration. 140 hp from a 1.8L I-4 isn't bad, but, well, more power would be nice. I guess if your main desire is an authentic sports-car experience, with copious power and a manual transmission, then the Celica GT-S would be the vehicle for you.
Overall review: GREAT CAR! I have not regretted buying this car for a minute. I bought this car last year as a college-graduation gift to myself, and I have been loving it ever since. Since I was fortunate to find one that was gently used with low mileage, I look forward to driving this car for a good number of years. Well done, Toyota!
gts is the bes by An MSN Autos Consumer on 03/15/2009. Trim: 2003 Toyota Celica GTS, Owned 6 years.
Pros: cheap on gas
Cons: get pulled over alot
Overall review: great
Is it a tree frog, a UFO maybe? Nope, it's just perfect, and a Celica by Kiss of Dawn from Kentucky on 02/08/2009. Trim: 2003 Toyota Celica GT, Owned 3 years.
Pros: This car is amazing. It handles perfectly, looks GREAT and I have recently found out, it really holds it's own very well in icy driving conditions. If it had a little more ground clearance, it would be a perfect competitor with any 4x4 truck... The interior is very comfortable, and the body styling is gorgeous. This car is a serious head turner and the gas mileage is wonderful. I have had my '03 for 3 years now with NO troubles mechanically or externally at all. I also am amazed with the overall space the car has, if you need to haul something, just drop the back seats and viola, extended trunk space... I once fit two twin mattresses in the car at once to deliver somewhere.
Cons: I honestly don't have any problems with it, but my taller husband does. lol The interior of the car fits a person 5'5" very easily, and people that size and smaller are quite comfortable, but anyone bigger weight or height wise will have possible issues. The back seat is a very tight squeeze due to a small amount of leg room, and low roof, so if more than 3 people ride in my Celica, the smaller person (me) gets to ride in the back. Another con...EVERYONE wants to race me.....sorry boys, mine is just a 4/cy and is not souped up... You're still jealous though, right? ;-)
Overall review: My overall rating is, if you are a smaller person looking for an extremely reliable vehicle that looks great AND can perform in a working class, yet still be extremely sporty and customizable, this is most definitely THE car to choose. The Celica constantly suprises me with what is can do when compared to other cars in it's class, and I could never part with mine. I highly recommend a Toyota Celica to anyone interested in a sporty head turner. The insurance isn't bad either! I think I'll go give my car a hug now...lol
Celica is OUTSTANDING by some.guy99 on 09/16/2008. Trim: 2003 Toyota Celica GT, Owned 5 years.
Pros: I Love everything about this car! We have owned it since it was new on the lot and now, 101,000 later, it has beeen trouble free (replaced water pump just as it started to leak soince it was at the dealer for the 90K mile 'check-up". It it great fun to drive when I can. On a recent trip, we drove 400 miles on one tank of gas (Sac to Reno, Carson city and back and around town). It flew up the hills in 5th gear even with the AC on. Good performance tires are a MUST if you want to fully enjoy this car.
Cons: The ONLY think I would consider a "con" is the limited backk seat space but hey, our kids are grown with kids of their own - this is a fun two-person car.
Overall review: THE best car I have ever owned, all things considered.
Ok for a little old lady by An MSN Autos Consumer on 12/11/2007. Trim: 2003 Toyota Celica GT, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I bought it because it was cute and gets great gas mileage.
Cons: slow accelleration, sluggish, doesn't grip road very well, makes some sort of noise that Toyota cannot diagnose after several trips and hundreds of dollars.
Overall review: If the local Toyota dealership knew how to service the car I may have liked it better. They cannot diagnose the problems, and assure me that the car is not slow or sluggish. However, I drive the car every day and it definitely is slow and sluggish, although I have changed all plugs/wires, filters, everything. Definitely not a performance car.
Review ID: #519762 Is this review offensive?