2003 Saab 9-3

True Euro Sedan --- Rebadged Malibu--are you joking? by victor from chicago, IL on 09/11/2003. Trim: 2003 Saab 9-3 Vector, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Linear power band, handling, brakes, safety features, trunk, fun-to-drive
Cons: Ride over harsh roads.
Overall review: Great car period. I am amazed at the ignorant person below who thinks that this is a rebadged Malibu. Just because two cars share a platform does not mean one is another and more importantly GM is trying to better it lineup by using European technology and that prompted them to based the next-gen Malibu and other on the Epsilson platform. This gives them a stiffer chassis to minimze flex during handling. And the brakes are excellent: a class leading 116ft from 60 mph. How could they be better? The Saabs handling is first rate compared to the Malibu; it is turbo charged without lag. I am curious; what exactly would remind the Saab 9-3 of a Malibu; absolutely nothing. These are just disparaging remarks to tarnish the reputation of a first-rate car; explore the facts before making ridiculous comparisons. Oh, the stereo is tuned like a natural well sound staged home system, without the thundering over-bassed up systems found in most cars.
Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda bought a Bimmer. :-D by Jay Tampa, FL on 10/30/2009. Trim: 2003 Saab 9-3 Linear, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I purchased my 2003 Saab 9-3 Linear in 2/08 with 34,940 miles on it. It was certified pre owned and came with an extensive warranty! The styling was a plus. I was so excited about Onstar (My previous car (2007 Jetta was totaled, and no police were notified) The car also had the drivers package and upgraded 17" factory rims. Its a great car and handles extremely well. One of the most comfortable FWD cars I've driven. Braking is consistent and Safety was my greatest concern in purchasing this car. The Saab CPO warranty is a good one! and even includes Loaner cars nationwide for drivers 21+ BIG plus! Saab's warranty came to good use and more than paid for itself, AND THE CAR!!!!!
Cons: I bought it for $17,500 and decided to trade it because of the high-grade fuel it recommends. I went to trade it 2 months later... Hoping for a good trade it value... HAHAHA I couldn't get $10,000 for a trade because Saabs lose their value so quickly! Cons for me include the quality of materials used. Saab spent over $20k fixing my cars issues... Of coarse I was super meticulous when it came to getting my money's worth from the overpriced warranty!... My Saab now has 83,000... The only thing I've had to pay for so far is Gas, Insurance, and Excessive amounts of windshield washer fluid! Too bad the plastics and door handles turn white so quickly! :-(
Overall review: Overall a great car... Would never buy a Saab without a FACTORY or CPO warranty! Actually... Any car! But if you don't mind minor electrical problems, peeling finishes, and a pretty well riding car, This is a great one! I hate to love it, but I do! Can't wait for my next car though!
The absolutely worse car I have ever owned! by Patti on 04/18/2007. Trim: 2003 Saab 9-3 Arc, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Price
Cons: You get what you pay for! The car has been an absolute nightmare for the four months I have owned it. Now, I know why the car has no resale value! DO NOT BUY A SAAB! People hear my car before they see it. The rattles and squeaks are so loud even with the radio volume all the up doesn't drown out the noise, that is, when the radio works. Have taken the car to SAAB 3 times for these problems only to be informed that nothing is wrong with the car. SAAB's product, dealership, and customer service has proven to be the most unreliable, unfriendly, and misleading con-artist's.
Overall review: The best place for this car is a junk yard, not your garage!
LEMON LAW CAR-STAY AWAY by An MSN Autos Consumer on 07/26/2004. Trim: 2003 Saab 9-3 Linear, Owned 1 year.
Overall review: On March 9, 2004, I purchased a brand new 2003 Saab 93 sports sedan car from Charles River Saab. Since the purchase of my new Saab, my car has been in the dealership's service department for a minimum of 4 times for the same exact problem (the car states on the display panel that the steering wheel is locked and there is an immobilizer failure and as a result the car will not start). This malfunction occurred very frequently (~5 times a week) and I was not able to start the car for a least a half and hour each time this malfunction happened. In addition to the immobilizer failure, there was a brake malfunction and as a result my brakes did not function. Luckily, I was not involved in an accident. Unfortunately, both of these failures have not been able to be resolved by the engineers in the service department at Charles River Saab. Furthermore, the dealership nor Corporate Saab was helpful in anyway. I finally had to resolve this issue by hiring an attorney.
A SAAB story and a victory for winning the lemon law. by An MSN Autos Consumer on 01/18/2004. Trim: 2003 Saab 9-3 Arc, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Like the overall design.
Cons: to many to list
Overall review: This car is a LEMON. I had the car in the shop five times for MAJOR mechanical problems. I have won the lemon law and the company is taking the car back. The company knows they have put this car out to soon and it is apparent in all the bad reviews. I am however losing money but I really don't care, It frightens me to think of the issues the car will continue to have when there is no warrenty. Please do yourself a favor and buy a different car, run as fast as you can away from this car.