2003 Toyota MR2 Spyder

2003 Toyota MR2 Spyder Prices
2003 Toyota MR2 Spyder Fuel Economy
The Ultimate Budget Sports Car by NoVA on 08/09/2012. Trim: 2003 Toyota MR2 Spyder Convertible, Owned 9 years.
Pros: The body style is Just amazing for a budget sports car. Acceleration is quick for someone who just wants it as Daily Driving and not Racing. Braking is very smooth and car just stops right there. It handles like a roller coaster. Engine is small yet powerful enough to get it moving quick. Small engine equals great fuel economy. Manual Transmission is designed for quick acceleration and very cooperative. Cabin is fancy. Standard Soft top is quick, dependable and tough enough to last 10+ years. Standard features are noteworthy. Ride is comfortable. Most parts are readily available online. Most Insurances does not consider this a sports car.
Cons: STORAGE IS LIMITED! I can't stress this enough. It is very tough to use this car as primary car. You will not be able to fit large suitcases, large boxes, or just cart full of groceries easily. The storage compartments behind the seats are a bit narrow. The Storage on the front is not made for anything other than full size spare wheel. Other than the storage, The engine revolutions on highway speed is a bit of an annoyance. Engine RPM reaches about 3.5 K doing 60 miles an hour on 5th gear. This makes the car loud and lowers engine longevity. Also, Hardtop is hard to come by and could cost 3 grand or more. Toyota logo/badges lowers the appeal of the car and should be removed.
Overall review: This car is for you if you like style and don't ever want to race. This car is only car available that is Mid Rear engine, Rear wheel drive, Japanese built, Good mpg, Styled to compete with high end luxury sports cars, Convertible out of the factory and Cost the same as a mid size sedan. This car is not for you if you have a family, You travel, live in a snowy winter region, or if you like to race.
Mr2 handling KING! Mr2 Roi-du-Maniement! by bongkie de Québec on 05/07/2010. Trim: 2003 Toyota MR2 Spyder Convertible, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: This vehicle is incredible! nice design and very fun to drive! Nice fuel economie for performance and reliable! Ce vehicule est incroyable! Très beaux designe et très fun a conduire! Bonne économie d'essence pour les performance et fiable
Cons: For people need place to travel something is not for you. A little bit more power it need but, for fuel economie is good! Non recomendé pour les personnes qui ont besoin d'espace de rengement! Un peu plus de puissance aurais été apprécié, mais pour l'économie d'essence c'est mieux!
Overall review: Very nice car! I recommends to MR fan. Très bonne voiture, je la recommande au fan de voiture a moteur central arrière.
Beagle ears are flying in the wind by Louisville, Kentucky on 11/22/2007. Trim: 2003 Toyota MR2 Spyder Convertible, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I found out what I had been missing while driving compact cars for 20 years! What a pleasure to finally have a car that is pure fun to drive. I am 4-10" and so comfortable and snug in this car I feel as though it was made for me. The leather seats, the gear box and the narrow space between the clutch and gas, all are big pluses for me.
Cons: I was a bit disappointed with the volume level of the factory speakers. Minimal trunk space already known before purchase. My beagle, the chihuahua and I all fit fine, but we travel light. Also, why did they exclude the trip odometer? I always used that feature on all my other vehicles...I miss it.
Overall review: I keep seeing other 2 passenger convertibles that catch my eye.......but I know parting with the Spyder is a long time coming. I can just see absolutely no reason to trade this car for something else. It's a whole lotta fun and I highly recommend it.
Review ID: #519115 Is this review offensive?
Fantastic to Drive Around by Dolphinwmyn From PHX on 09/10/2007. Trim: 2003 Toyota MR2 Spyder Convertible, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Great car and fun to drive! I get 30 miles to a gallon even doing 80mph on the freeway! I purchased mine preowned with minimal milage on it and everyone tells me that I made a great investment! I had a '92 MR2 w/ T-tops that I owned for 12years and this 2003 is definitely fun.
Cons: Not anything to complain of since my other MR2 didin't have much trunk space either!
Overall review: I would highly recommend getting this car if you can find one for sale!
What's That????? by DOLLBBI IN VA on 08/21/2007. Trim: 2003 Toyota MR2 Spyder Convertible, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I love the style and handling. Can't go any where without someone saying or asking " what's that?" My Betty Boop seat covers keep the inside protected. Mine is a red 6 speed sequential that I'll never part with. In fact I do believe the hubby is jelous that my car attracts more attention then his Monte SS!!!
Cons: The different tire sizes and limit on the rotation. Tires don't come cheap. Also seems on a Toyota dealer can perform maintance or repairs, so there's no going to the local repair shop. Believe me, after sinking $1000.00 at Kenny's and then another $1000.00 at the Toyota dealer I learned " just take it to the dealer!!" Oh and the parts can get pricey, but if you do regular maintance ( mine was preowned) it shouldn't happen any more then any other car.
Overall review: Oh and if I'm not mistaken they stopped making them in 2005. So go get yourself a Spyder. Great fun and a thrill to drive.