2003 GMC Envoy

Worst Vehicle Ever by Ex-GMC buyer in South Carolina on 01/26/2011. Trim: 2003 GMC Envoy XL SLE 4WD, Owned 7 years.
Pros: V8 Engine in smaller SUV is a great idea.
Cons: Here are a list of "frequent fail" items for this Vehicle from other users and from my mechanic; 1. Speedometer failure (this is a safety issue!) GMC has very narrow parameters for the vehicles they think they have responsibility for on this issue. 2. Window regulators - buy them in bulk - you'll need them. 3. The latch on the arm rest, center counsel. Check the internet - dozens of owners are looking for replacement for this low quality, piece of plastic (or replacement lid) 4. Seat latch mechanism fails (won't recline all the way) 5. Shifter cable failure - ruined a vacation once. 6. Radio seems to "pop" and fail periodically
Overall review: Between the expensive nuisance repairs (like window regulators, rest arm latch, seat latch, other) and the expensive and dangerous failures of this vehicle (like the speedometer failure and the shifter cable failure), you could own a second brand new vehicle for what it costs to to keep this on the road. GMC thinks they want to earn their way back to the top of world automakers, but ignoring stuff like this is what got them where they are and will prevent them from EVER being in such company. Don't buy GMC.
takes a lickin and keeps on tickin! by port you guy on 08/05/2009. Trim: 2003 GMC Envoy SLE 4WD, Owned 4 years.
Pros: very few repairs- still runs like new !
Cons: bumpers a little flimsy
Overall review: i wish GMC would lower the price so I could get a new one
JUST SAY NO by Big V's Envoy on 03/19/2010. Trim: 2003 GMC Envoy XL SLT 4WD, Owned 8 years.
Pros: The truck looks very very nice. It still gets comments and looks. I like that it has the onstar and the seats look very nice also i was happy that i could get cd and tape in the radio. I also find the 4x4 to come in handy if i get stuck and i like that it has auto 4x4 too so that its not so likely for me to get stuck. The steering wheel controls that control the climate control are very nice because it was hard to find a car that had that on it I also like that it has a rear DVD player even if we dont use it.
Cons: When we first bought the truck the cons were only very very poor fule millege because we couldnt get over 14 mpg but even though that was bad it we didnt mind it so much but that was just the start of a long list of problems the first one was that the rear left window wasnt wroking but we didnt realy thgink anything of it because it wasnt that bad but the one day it just feel down so we had to tape then the same thing happen to the other back window then the radio would only work part of the time then the leather started to rip then the front axels had to be replaced then it started to stall when ever the heat was put on and then the heat or air would just run and cant be shut off.
Overall review: The truck looks great it fells beter but your wallet wont fell half as good because of all the money you will have to put in it. I think that my trucks repairs keep GMC from going under like pontiac and saturn. And of course all except the cheap fix happen right outside o fthe warenty. I mean when you spend close to $50,000 on a truck you think that everthing would work at least for a lilttel while. This just shows why GM is going under now and not years ago I have a 1989 Chevy Corsica LTZ with 300,000 mi and everything works on it even the windows so i guess what i am trying to say is JUST DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT DOING IT UNLESS YOU HAVE BMW MONEY AND I FYOU DO BUY ONE IT WILL LAST LONGER
Best SUV/Vehicle We Ever Owned by SoBD from Pensacola on 05/31/2009. Trim: 2003 GMC Envoy XL SLT 2WD, Owned 5 years.
Pros: Our GMC Envoy XL SLT is superb. My wife and I agree that we have never owned a better vehicle. We treat it well; we have always used Mobil 1 synthetic oil and we keep it up and drive it moderately. On a recent 3300 mi trip, we got 21.5 mpg using MID-GRADE fuel. (We typically got 18.5 mpg hwy with REGULAR.) The engineering is excellent; ride is smooth and comfortable; V6 power @275hp feels like a big V-8; and quality and reliability have been top-notch. Also, every GMC dealership we have dealt with has given exceptional service, which probably relates to GMC's "cut-above" image.
Cons: I can't honestly think of a thing.
Overall review: Our GMC Envoy XL SLT is a great vehicle with cavernous capacity, all the creature comfort bells and whistles, and outstanding reliability and service. Mpg around town approaches 18, and hwy is 21.5 at 70 mph and 23 at 55. We have 115K+ miles on ours with nothing but accolades for it. We will look long and hard at the Envoy and Acadia first when we need a new vehicle.
THE BEST TRUCK EVER by Zach, Erie, PA on 12/24/2008. Trim: 2003 GMC Envoy SLE 4WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: 4x4, spacious, alot of storage room, great performance.
Cons: nothing.
Overall review: GREAT... Will trade in for a newer model..