2003 Saturn Ion

Saved my sister life by An MSN Autos Consumer on 09/17/2006. Trim: 2003 Saturn Ion Sedan, Owned 4 years.
Pros: It saved my sister life. She got hit side on the driver side door that whole side was completely caved in. She should of been paralyzed or dead but lucky for my family she emgred un-hurt not a single mark on her.
Cons: It shakes from side to side when its windy making it a little hard to handle.
Overall review: Great safety features.
The most reliable car I've ever owned. by An MSN Autos Consumer on 07/05/2013. Trim: 2003 Saturn Ion Sedan, Owned 7 years.
Pros: I bought by 2003 Saturn Ion, manual transmission, with 32,000 miles on it. 7 years later I now have 327,000 miles on it! I had to replace the ignition switch at dealer early on, but since then only routine repairs like brakes, and the alternator after 200k miles, and clutch after 250,000 miles. My battery has lasted this entire time, even though it has been drained several times when I accidently left an accessory on. The engine is starting to burn oil now. I just bought a 2005 Saturn Vue, 4 cyl, manual transmission with 96,000 miles on it, which has the same engine. The gas mileage with my Saturn Ion was routinely over 40 mpg, so I will miss that.
Cons: We dislike having the battery in the trunk. Not much to dislike when it has been so faithful.
Overall review: If you want dependability and great gas mileage, this is the car for you.
Buy something else by SMB on 05/13/2004. Trim: 2003 Saturn Ion Quad Coupe 3, Owned 1 year.
Pros: The car has the right price tag and above average styling but that’s about it.
Cons: The engine has a rough idle and has occasionally stalled. It’s been in the shop three times for this problem and still not fixed 100%. My seatbelt bracket broke off when I barely bumped it to put my kid in the back seat. Overall, poor performance and quality!
Overall review: Don't buy it unless you need a cheap car payment!
Fun car to drive by geogirl on 06/16/2003. Trim: 2003 Saturn Ion Sedan 2, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Good acceleration; lots of head room and leg room in the front; large trunk; great turning radius; battery is contained in truck, making much more room under the hood for better accessibilty
Cons: noisy engine, no cover on the passenger side vanity mirror, no option for center armrest, leg room in back is limited
Overall review: I find this car fun to drive, and I especially think this car drives better than its predecessors.
2003 Saturn ION by An MSN Autos Consumer on 09/11/2013. Trim: 2003 Saturn Ion Sedan 2, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Downright reliable and economical. I like the console layout.
Cons: Need stronger headlights.
Overall review: Inexpensive to own, great everyday car and like the way it looks. Compared to a lot of cookie cutter designs out there, this one is different.