2003 GMC Savana

2003 GMC Savana Prices
2003 GMC Savana Fuel Economy
Savanatastic! :-) by Savana in New York on 07/18/2004. Trim: 2003 GMC Savana G1500 AWD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Excellent handling due to AWD. Excellent vehicle for handling dogs (cage). OnStar is fantastic!
Cons: Minor tinny like doors when they close.
Overall review: I rate it a
A Leaking Experience by Sudden Sam from Milwaukee, WI on 11/17/2003. Trim: 2003 GMC Savana G1500 AWD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Price, ride, looks & interior room
Cons: Limited movement of front seats, no "door open" indicator and the engine produces to must heat. Its always hot upfront, even with the heat off.
Overall review: I was "sold" on the vehicle the first time I saw it (Explorer Convs); however, I've had my share of bad luck with it. My 2003 Savana leaked transmission fluid & anti-freeze (from overflow tube) from day one. After 7 unsuccessful trips to the service center GM agreed to replace my van, which they did on 11/10/03. I now have 425 miles on the new one and "oh yeah" it's leaking anti-freeze. I wasn't even checking for a leak, it didn't cross my mine; however it was hard to miss it today. There was a trail all the way up my driveway. I haven't checked for a tranny leak yet. Back to the service center tomorrow. I don't know if I can handle this again.
Getting There by Joe in Teaneck on 10/25/2003. Trim: 2003 GMC Savana G3500 Extended, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: After owning a 1999 GMC Savana G3500 EXT, I appreciate: 1) no more "seasickness" over bumps 2)less road noise 3)less engine noise 4)better interior quality 5)more sculptured exterior
Cons: But: 1)lack of adequate number of rear cup holders 2)lack of rear audio and climate controls 3) lack of leather seats and appointments 4)no pass.door on drivers side for 3500 EXT 5)no AWD on 3500 EXT. Exterior paint choices are not exciting. Rear exterior-doors, halo,etc.-still does not blend with rest of vehicle. Its assembly is very noticeable. How about softer, quality material for interior instead of hard cardboard?
Overall review: Much improved. Still needs more refinement. GMC should study the interior executions of the Toyota Sienna or the Honda Odyssey and apply the same.I like that it is still a truck not a unibody car-like frame design. More truck-like options should be offered like exterior roof lights or truck size mud flaps that work. Like to see larger diameter tires if the center of gravity could be kept the same. Just keep it as a truck-that's why I bought it.
The Ultimate Van by Joe from MA on 05/13/2003. Trim: 2003 GMC Savana G1500 AWD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Nice!!!! Espicially with Exploreer Conversion Package.
Cons: Long time to brake, but very acceptable
Overall review: Nice!!!! Good engine AWD is awesome