2003 Mazda Protege5

2003 Mazda Protege5 Prices
2003 Mazda Protege5 Fuel Economy
Best Car in used car catagory by Chief (tri-state area) on 05/10/2012. Trim: 2003 Mazda Protege5 Sport Wagon, Owned 9 years.
Pros: Have this car 9 years this September 2012.I'm a retired Jet Mechanic and never brought this car in for service, all I ever replaced myself is the oil & filter every 3000 miles and automatic trans fluid every 2 years.I check the Timing belt and it's still ok,Replaced the 2 serpentine belts lately.Out of 70 something cars since the '60's, I got say this is one car I just can't kill. Just remember you take care of your car or truck, it'll take care of you.
Cons: If you buy a Japanese car built in Japan replace the battery with a Diehard or Whatever.
Overall review: Most Reliable car I've ever owned.If your looking for a good used car, this is it. __Just not mine.
Zoom Zoom by Pinkice from North Carolina on 11/29/2003. Trim: 2003 Mazda Protege5 Sport Wagon, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I love the way the interior is made and how it handles curves. Its smooth riding on the road. Its a great sporty car.
Cons: I don't have any dislikes. Its the best car I have owned. It fits me perfectly.
Overall review: I give the Mazda Protege 5 all 10s across the board. Its the best car in 2003 for the Mazda Proteges. In the long run I think my money is all worth it!!
Fun, practical, sporty wagon by swag wagon on 06/14/2011. Trim: 2003 Mazda Protege5 Sport Wagon, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I bought this car a few months ago, and it has been great!! It handles like a little sports car, and with the five speed, is extremely fun to drive. With the back seats down, there is lots of room for whatever you need to throw back there. It is pretty fast on the highway, but nothing crazy. It handles amazingly, very responsive steering, and it grips dry road very well. I never hesitate when cornering. Car gets 28 mpg city, 35 highway according to my math. Costs $40 to fill up the tank, and I only have to do that maybe once every two weeks if I don't drive like a maniac.
Cons: There are some signs of rust, but at this point it's only surface rust. I plan on attacking that soon. It could use a bit more power when accelerating onto the highway, but it's not disappointing, it can get out of it's own way. Once it's on the highway it can get up and go, and it's peppy around town, just a teeny bit more would be nice. My bike doesn't fit in the back by about two inches unless I take the front wheel off. There is some wind noise on the highway with the roof rack, but it's easily removable. One of the lights behind the gauges is out, but that's an easy fix. Since the car is small and bright blue people driving big Chevy Suburbans tend to aim for you...
Overall review: Car has 142,000 miles on it, I bought it for $3500 (US) and it ended up needing $2500 worth of work... nothing serious, just clutch,tires and belts, and some other things. Would have liked to not pay $6000, but now the car feels very good, it should las me until 200,000 miles or more. Overall, it's a great car, very good to look at, and every drive leaves you smiling. Driving it never gets boring, especially with the five speed. For the money, it's a great car with great gas mileage. Interested to see how it handles in the winter in New England snow.
03 Protege5 by An MSN Autos Consumer on 04/03/2008. Trim: 2003 Mazda Protege5 Sport Wagon, Owned 2 years.
Pros: sporty ride, comfortable and attractive interior, remarkably maintenance-free, good mpg
Cons: Road noise, road noise, road noise.
Overall review: Great low maintenance sporty car.
Lovin the 2003 mazda protege5 by oh yeah on 12/19/2005. Trim: 2003 Mazda Protege5 Sport Wagon, Owned 2 years.
Pros: everything is perfect about this car
Cons: i dont see any cons to it
Overall review: its great! i love this car! honestly...its the best car i ever got!