2003 Oldsmobile Silhouette

Deffinitely worth it by An MSN Autos Consumer on 04/02/2008. Trim: 2003 Oldsmobile Silhouette GL, Owned 2 years.
Pros: We bought this van 2 years ago when we had our third child. I can tell you that this is much better than the 2006 Dodge Grand Caravans we were looking at at the time, and also much less expensive. We have taken it on three long vacations (Tennessee twice and Iowa once), and never experianced any difficulty. It is nice and roomy in the back, especially with the captains chairs in rear. Rear AC works great, no difficulty with cruise control as some reviewers mentioned. Haven't had to do any repairs on it either yet. Love the remote control doors and locks- much easier than our last car.
Cons: none
Overall review: Deffinitely worth the money. We were looking at Grand Caravans (2006), and then we found this; it has everything the caravan had (power windows, locks and doors, leather seats (caravan didn't have) cd player, rear controlled AC, ect) except no stow and go, but I am much happier with it. It also cost 10-15 thousand less than the caravan (due to this is used van), and it is also roomier than the caravan. Couldn't be happier.
Great Van, Great Value - and it's going away... by Carol on 01/06/2004. Trim: 2003 Oldsmobile Silhouette GL, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Our first mini-van, and I'd keep it forever if it wasn't a lease. Couldn't beat the price, less expensive than a Chevy Venture - and ALOT nicer inside. Take out the seats, and I can haul anything! It's comfortable, quiet, and was a great deal! Please don't take it away!
Cons: Except for the tan cloth interior (Not 'real' good with 2 large Golden Retrievers - but it was my choice not an Oldsmobile problem!) Wish both doors were electric-remote. Can't think of anything that I 'dislike' about it...I love my van - it does it all from hauling antiques, to taking 3 couples comfortably out to dinner.
Overall review: I can't believe they'd take away the Silhoutte, and leave junky looking vans like the Venture. Out of the GM line, Oldsmobile is/was always an 'upgrade' from the basic Chevy models, even if they both come off the same line, only with different decals. I used to drive only imports (Isusu, Mitsubishi, Subaru) and just got to liking a GM product...and they take it away.
Sorry to see it go by Marc in Baltimore on 12/10/2003. Trim: 2003 Oldsmobile Silhouette GL, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: For the most part very good handling and a comfortable ride. Surprising pickup.
Cons: Interior fit not as tight as I'd like (i.e. interior driver's door panel). Adjusting the driver's seat takes a bit of time.
Overall review: First minivan we've owned. Compared with the cousin Chevy Venture, and found this to be a better deal with Olds going away.
Great Ride, Great Feel, Great Comfort, Great Price by An MSN Autos Consumer on 12/02/2003. Trim: 2003 Oldsmobile Silhouette Premiere, Owned less than 1 year.
Overall review: Great car for the money. Has all of the luxuries
Mini-vans can be cool! by Dave on 04/19/2003. Trim: 2003 Oldsmobile Silhouette Premiere, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Entertainment system is definate must with young children. This was our vehicle of choice to replace, gulp, our spacious Ford Expedition and we were surprised how much more functional this vehicle is for 3 kids under 5 years old without the sacrifice of functional space. Plus, once you get used to the idea that you own a mini-van, you realize that this is one of the more stylish on the market. So that's cool, right? Also, GMs OnStar is fantastic. We regularly use the cellular feature which is fairly priced.
Cons: Nothing so far other than the fact that when rolling up to a stop light, I don't look quite as cool as in my old Chrysler LHS.
Overall review: Awesome buy. Almost decided against DVD entertainment system. That would have been a huge mistake.