2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac

Snow's Favorite Toy by Snow Reedy Columbia, SC on 05/15/2013. Trim: 2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLS 2WD, Owned 10 years.
Pros: Performance. MPG. Details, finishing. nonproblematic. bought new in "03, No major repairs. over 215,000 miles. Always travel ready.
Cons: Beginning to have problems, eg, oil leak manifold. Time for a new truck. Hate to see her go.
Overall review: Bought truck new in "03. 215,000 miles later, it is still classic, road ready and capable. Has traveled up and down the east coast and western USA. A great ride. I enjoy the tape deck that is not offered any more.
Ultimate truck for me. by sk from carolina on 08/24/2012. Trim: 2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLS 2WD Automatic, Owned 9 years.
Pros: Still own this vehicle and wouldn't part with it as long as I can keep it maintained. Only repairs to date are front brake shoes, ball joints, shock absorbers, battery, tires. Still has a beautiful finish inside and outside. Love the ride, size, drive and overall capability for travel, shopping, hauling. It has over 164k miles and wouldn't part with it. Manuverability in and out of traffic and parking is great.
Cons: No dislikes from me.
Overall review: Would highly recommend it for small family vehicle, everyday use and travel. Very dependable vehicle.
Standing with a company that didn't need my tax dollars to make ends meet. by Robert, Clarksville TN on 04/03/2011. Trim: 2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLS 2WD Automatic, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Just bought it......I like the looks, and the crossover between a SUV and a Truck is perfect for my family of 5 and doing odd jobs around the house.
Cons: Truck had only 46 k and was price right......I have been driving a Nissan Frontier Extended cab for over 10 years but as may family grew I grew out of the Nissan truck. That being said, it was like jumping in a pool of ice water when observing the difference in MPG vs. the Nissan. The only thing I had to do right off the bat was put new brakes and rotors on it. No big deal since that is part of standard maintainace but after reading some of the other reviews I hope this doesn't become an issue. If so, I'm going to have to go with a high performance rotor and brake system and seperate myself from the norm.
Overall review: Over all I'm pleased with my purchase, the vehicle drives good and looks great. Altough the MPG is an issue, I kind of expected it in order to get a vehicle capable of carring my family and that my wife could drive. (Automatic) If the gas prices get out of control I'll sell it and move on. I hope it doesn't come to that though, because I do like it.
The Ultimate SUT.... by Capt_ROB on 08/23/2010. Trim: 2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT 2WD, Owned 7 years.
Pros: This truck, half, SUV, half Pickup, serves as a median between the tow, Works great as such. Currently have 116,000 miles, bought it new, and besides normal items, (tires, brakes, oil changes, etc) NOT A SIGNAL problem, I eben pull the boat (5,000 lbs) almost each weekend. It has proven to be great truck.
Cons: Only cons I can see, ..The gray panels on the bottom of the body, should of been painted to matc the color of the truck. FL sun has bleached the white, now.... must have them painted...
Overall review: Even tho it not a full size truck, or a full siz SUV, it prefect just the wait is, a crossover between the two. It will do anything you ask of it. Its that simple. GREAT SUV
Love my SporTrac by FATBIRD on 06/01/2008. Trim: 2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT 4WD, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Has excellent A/C & Heat. Sound system is very adequate. Looks good. Pulls my 18' boat 2 hours to lake without complaint. Has room for four adults if they are determined to fit.
Cons: Uncomfortable seating for long distance travel.
Overall review: I have owned mine for about three years, now has 107,000 miles and would not be afraid to start anywhere in it. I keep it clean and shiny, still looks new.