2003 Mazda MX-5 Miata

Great car and best buy. by Vididiot from the midwest. on 03/25/2010. Trim: 2003 Mazda MX-5 Miata Base, Owned 6 years.
Pros: Wonderfully affordable sports car. It is the best of both worlds: a British sports car made by the Japanese. Bought a 2003 in 2004. Now approaching 100K miles, and the only problem I have had is the CD player (had to replace). Handling and performance is great. I am 6'1" and am relatively comfortable in the car.
Cons: The car is not great in snow and on ice. Should not be your primary transportation in the winter if you live in the midwest, like I do.
Overall review: I love this car. Dollar for dollar, it is the best buy on the sports car market. If you read the reviews, you will see that this car is comparable to the BMW Zs which can cost twice as much, and the Miata looks better. Highly recommend for anyone, but remember it is a sports car. Don't buy if you're looking for a smooth, roomy ride. That's what Buicks are for.
Zoom Zoom Zoom by Ernie from Florida on 09/17/2006. Trim: 2003 Mazda MX-5 Miata Special Edition, Owned 1 year.
Pros: This little car is very exciting to drive. I fit comfortably in the leather seats with ample bolster support. The steering feels great and allows the driver to nimbly manuever the vehicle at all times. The throttle response is crisp and the accompanied exhuast note is pleasing, but not too loud. The six speed transmission snicks into all gears easily, pulling to the 7000 RPM readline quite nicely. I have had no problems with this vehicle. A sheer pleasure to drive.
Cons: I would love to see an improvement in power and aftermarket accesories for this vehicle. A standard 6 disc cd changer would be nice. The cupholder are not aligned properly in the center console making it hard to shift when they are occupied.
Overall review: Buy it, its a pleasing vehicle to drive, has good power, great handling, and makes great gas mileage.
My Midlife Crisismobile by Sedate Senior Surgeon from St. Louis on 08/30/2006. Trim: 2003 Mazda MX-5 Miata Special Edition, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I have adopted my daughter's Special Edition 2003 Miata. She loved it, but when she became pregnant it was no longer an option. Enter her aging baby boomer father who could never justify buying a convertible for myself. I bought it from her, and she has visitation rights whenever. Her two year old got a brief ride a day ago, and I had a tough time getting my car back from the two of them. I am a surgeon, and I love driving to work at 0500 with the top down. I am also six feet two inches tall, so people stand around to see if I can enter and exit. I can, and it fits like a glove. It works as a "chick magnet" for me but only for ladies under 7, and girls over 70. Awe well.
Cons: I am glad that this is not my only car. Because it is adopted, I already had a Subaru WRX to handle rain , snow and ice, and more than one passenger. This is not a complaint, just an observation.
Overall review: This is one awesome sports car, and I love how it looks, handles, and makes me feel when I'm driving it.
My little Modder by Kira, Baltimore, Md on 01/20/2006. Trim: 2003 Mazda MX-5 Miata Base, Owned 1 year.
Pros: everything!
Cons: Ths interior isnt too roomy but im small so i can handle it ;)
Overall review: I traded my 2004 mazda 3 in for a 2003 miata...I love it...I love mazdas period! Best cars!
Zoom, Zoom, Zoom!!! by Hwy 101 on 01/02/2004. Trim: 2003 Mazda MX-5 Miata Special Edition, Owned 1 year.
Pros: The Stato Blue exterior and Slate Gray leather interior make for a winning combination on the 2003 Miata Special Edition. Moreover, the appearance package and chrome accents set the Special Edition apart from other MX-5s on the road. Top up or down, the Miata offers a fun and stylish way to hit the road.
Cons: The interior noise necesitated adding sound deadener under the carpet and in the door panels which solved the problem. A simple and inexpensive solution, I highly recommend it to all Miata owners..
Overall review: The Miata is an exceptional value for the money. Its styling, reliability and overall "Fun Factor" make it ideal for both short and long commutes. The six speed drives the nimble SE through the power band and the suspension makes even the curviest roads a pleasure to experience. Lastly, with the advent of aftermarket vendors, a number of accessories are readily available to add the final touches to make your MX-5 uniquely yours.