2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD

2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Prices
2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Fuel Economy
THE ULTIMATE TRUCK by Bryan, Alberta on 03/13/2010. Trim: 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LT Ext. Cab Short Bed 4WD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: My dad bought this truck brand new, he put over 400,000 km's on it with very few problems, GM replaced the injectors at 370,000km free of charge, this truck gets awesome fuel economy 26-27 mpg empty and 24-25 pulling a backhoe, when people see the truck they asume it is very low km due to its fantastic condition, no rust, no damage, all power assesories still work and the interior is close to showroom!!! Many people have said the 2003 duramax was the best model year and I know why. I plan to drive this truck for another 400,000 km's
Cons: Rear axle seals seem a bit problematic on these trucks, I have done mine twice, it only takes 30 minutes to change out the seals and they are only $20 so not a huge deal. Tailgate freezes up when the truck is washed in the winter.
Overall review: Best truck ever built, will tow a house if you need it to and with excellent style and fuel economy to boot!! My turck has all filters changed every 5000k (ALL FILTERS) and I think that is why the truck as been so reliable and has been so great.
The best choice by 6-Foota from L.A. on 08/11/2007. Trim: 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab Short Bed 2WD, Owned 4 years.
Pros: My brother has a Ford. His interior has practically melted and discolored. My interior looks like the day I bought it. Good quality material was used. I've got good power with this vehicle, and it can really hit the road.
Cons: My family's average height is 6'5" - this makes for a cramped back seat.
Overall review: I highly recommend this vehicle over ALL of the other trucks on the market.
Great Ranch Truck by Joe SD on 02/09/2009. Trim: 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LT Crew Cab Short Bed 4WD, Owned 6 years.
Pros: Very good interior with plenty of power. Outstanding Sound system. Very reliable. Quiet for a diesel
Cons: Would like better fuel mileage
Overall review: solid reliable user friendly vehicle
Nice Truck with Serious Issues by Kirk on 08/21/2008. Trim: 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LS Crew Cab Long Bed 4WD, Owned 5 years.
Pros: Good mileage with Duramax/Allison; Strong pulling power for pulling trailer.
Cons: Allison burns seals.
Overall review: I bought the Duramax/Allison truck to pull our 30 ft. 5th wheel. Very strong and stable pulling the trailer, however, the truck burns through seals like crazy. I have added a deep transmission pan and deep rear differential but the Allison still burns seals. Other numerous issues (Local Chevy dealer service rep knows me by name!!!!!). As someone else wrote, if you don't mind spending $$$$ on repairs then this is a good truck otherwise I would look to Toyota or Nissan if they are within your tow weight range. Dependability is not in Chevy's vocabulary.
Ultimate towing truck by Justin in Jacksonville on 06/19/2008. Trim: 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LT Crew Cab Short Bed 4WD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Power. Fuel economy (diesel) 16-17 city, 19-24 highway checked by hand everytime. Towing abilities compared to others in its class are far better! very comfortable seats, cross country trip twice and the seats are great! A/C is incredible especially the auto temp. Does great on the beach and handles good for a large 8000lb truck. Wouldn't trade for anything else! ALLISON transmission, greatest transmission ever!
Cons: the price of diesel fuel. I have upgraded the weak factory components that are as listed: tie rod end links, idler/pitman arm. sleeves will help the tie rods, and there is a support kit for the idler/pitman that even tightened my steering feel up. Other than that nothing.
Overall review: I love the truck. I put a 4" turbo back exhaust, and intake and a bully dog programmer and monitor on it. since then my mileage has been awesome. given I did get 20mpg on the highway stock now I have gotten 24mpg before! I towed about 8k across the country and averaged 18mpg, unheard of in a gas truck of this size! and it seats 5 comfortably. Just wish I had the long bed!