2003 Mercedes-Benz SLK

2 3 4 5 6 7  Next
Comfy entry level sports car! Would make a great first car. Very forgiving. by Kev from Charlotte NC on 10/11/2012. Trim: 2003 Mercedes-Benz SLK SLK230, Owned 4 years.
Pros: It has nice handling, Fun to drive Far more comfortable then several other comparable entry level sports cars Going 80mph+ on the highway I have consistently gotten over 35mpg. On my last trip I used 4.2 gallons on a 156mi drive. Very reliable, the only repair since I purchased it that was needed was a Mass Air Flow Sensor which cost me $90. Love the Bose speakers
Cons: The Bose stereo screen back-light died, replaced with a Sony Xplod 650UI. Needs better acceleration, is kinda sad compared to an S2K or 350Z It's a very heavy car and one of the least safe ELSC. The stock exhaust is very quiet compared to a g35/350z The roof started to leak in July 2012 very it was verryy minor and it went away with the application of "Gummi Pfledge Stift". Just make sure you check the screws in the middle of the black metal securing bar. Wish the front bumper was an few cm higher as got stuck on a parking chock once. Although it was my fault.
Overall review: I've owned this vehicle for over 4 years and I have loved it. It is a great car, has incredible fuel efficiency on highways(35mpg+) despite what the site claims. It looks a little outdated which can be fixed by simply buying new headlights. I love my Spyder halo lamps on it. and a new stereo makes the interior look more modern. I initially wanted to buy an S2K but this was a nice median between elegance and it especially after a few add-ons. It is pretty plain on the inside but I have always preferred minimal electronics when it comes to vehicles.
my little red Robin Hood by Margaret in Orlando on 03/04/2008. Trim: 2003 Mercedes-Benz SLK SLK320, Owned 1 year.
Pros: fits my personality,makes me feel younger,performance exellent,fast easy to park in our crowdy city
Cons: to small for 5'8" girl,gas eater-only premium
Overall review: love it
It is what it is.... by Aldo Nola on 11/30/2003. Trim: 2003 Mercedes-Benz SLK SLK230, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: One word-fun. Hardly a week goes by when someone doesn't offer a spontaneous compliment on the styling. Not the fastest on the road, but I'm past that stage in my life. Now it's nice to drive in style and comfort.
Cons: Cup holder is a joke, as are the sun visors.
Overall review: Tight, zippy little fun machine.
Mercedes SLK's are not for wimps by Dwaine from California. on 08/13/2010. Trim: 2003 Mercedes-Benz SLK SLK320, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Handling is the best even at 150 mph, convertible top, Good MPG, Looks great inside in out. Exhaust systems sounds good. Very fast. Would buy another one in a minute.
Cons: No way to block the sun coming in from driver side window. Sun Visor fix in one position. Seems to me if they can design this car with a retractable top that folds into the trunk. Designing a retractable sun visor would be as easy as making apple pie.
Overall review: My overall feeling about my first German car is real easy. They are the masters of auto building. And they should be Mercedes has been designing autos longer than anyone else on the planet. And I can feel that perfect engineering experience every time I get behind the wheel of my SLK 320. Don't get me wrong I love my Honda too. But I always looking forward to driving my SLK with the top down and flying through the back roads of California. Not slowly like most Mercedes drivers I'm flying at high speeds and in perfect control of this car. This SLK should never be driven at the posted speed limits. Those limits are for my Honda. When I see a road sign reading 35mph I never slow down I speed up to 60 or 70 mph with no problems leave everyone behind. If you can't tell I love this engineering I would highly recommend you test drive a Mercedes for yourself. But the wimps stay home with mommy. My 2003 Mercedes look like new car still. The new ones are even faster. Dang how they do it.?
A chick trap by Matt from Paris, France on 10/26/2006. Trim: 2003 Mercedes-Benz SLK SLK230, Owned 3 years.
Pros: It is a nice, fun and confortable car. And chicks love it !
Cons: I am 23 years old. The interior design looks very old fashioned. The interior has been designed for mature people.
Overall review: When you're young, sometimes you'd wanna have your friends with you to go out. With the SLK you only get the chick ! So don't forget to tell your friends to buy themselves a car! The SLK is definitely worth it though !
2 3 4 5 6 7  Next