2003 Mazda Tribute

My Trib is On Point by Mr. Joe on 03/18/2008. Trim: 2003 Mazda Tribute ES 4WD, Owned 6 years.
Pros: I have had this car since Sept '02. It has performed very well. Steering is still tight and the acceleration remains good. Leather seats and interior are still like new. Exterior still shines.
Cons: I still do not care for the position of the gear shift.
Overall review: Good Value. Buy the Tribute. I may buy another one in three or four years.
Tribute by Mike on 11/23/2004. Trim: 2003 Mazda Tribute LX, Owned 1 year.
Pros: everything!
Cons: Having to remove headrests to lower rear seating.
Overall review: Excellent SUV. The only problem is the electric switch for the rear wiper/washer is defective.
nice suv by tony pennsylvania on 12/11/2011. Trim: 2003 Mazda Tribute ES, Owned 2 years.
Pros: I like everything in this car styling the leather seat is very fast on theroad
Cons: the thing I don"t like is a gas gusher
Overall review: handle very good on the road very fast
An SUV with Zoom! by Dave in Santa Fe on 02/02/2007. Trim: 2003 Mazda Tribute ES 4WD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: I'm 6'7" tall; this car has lots of legroom, lots of headroom and good supportive seats. And it handles like a car should; unlike the similar Ford Escape that has a typical American soft ride. I had an '01 as a company vehicle, and when I lost that, bought the '03- total of 100,000 miles between the two, and only two real problems, both covered under warranty.
Cons: Road and wind noise are excessive, but I understand they have worked on that with later models. Gas mileage is only okay, but then again, I went for the V-6, it really takes off when you want it to.
Overall review: Love my Mazdas, too bad Ford doesn't learn a bit more from one of their susidiaries-
Not as please as I thought I would be. by Donna, DFW Texas on 08/18/2004. Trim: 2003 Mazda Tribute ES, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Like the storage capability, seating for 5. Mine has been extremely dependable.
Cons: Awful gas mileage average 15-16 miles per gallon city, very disappointing. Unable to judge closeness to a curb. Would like an option for two more seats in the back. Don't find the seats all that comfortable.
Overall review: I do like the vehicle, just don't understand why the mileage is so bad - I will definitely test drive several different manufacturer's SUVs the next time I am ready to buy.