2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

good truck by An MSN Autos Consumer on 01/29/2004. Trim: 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS Short Bed 2WD, Owned 1 year.
Overall review: great truck
I don't know about "LIKE A ROCK" unless its mpg your talking about!!!!! by Corey N. Michigan on 05/16/2011. Trim: 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Long Bed 4WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: decent handing, good in all types of terrain. Mud, snow, ect. no problems with it so far.
Cons: MPG. i get 13.5 with my foot to the floor all the time and only 14 with barely touching the gas. I understand i have the V6. So a recomendation is to stay away from that motor.
Overall review: I have the 4.3l V6 model single cab 4x4 long box. Had this truck for a year and overall its not to bad. the interior is pretty solid. The body is holding up fairly well for having 145000 miles on it in N. Michigan. I may buy another one for the 4x4, but am definitly going to opt. for the V8.
Ol' Faithful by Chevytruckman from San Antonio, Tx on 02/27/2011. Trim: 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS Ext. Cab Short Bed 2WD, Owned 7 years.
Pros: I bought this truck from a Used Car lot w/12000 miles on it. To me This truck is old faithful. No complaints as far as performance and maintenance. Fuel consumption? It's a truck, no dissatisfaction there, but it's better than a dodge or ford. I've had my truck for over 7 yrs now and all I've done on it are oil changes (myself) and oil filter changes. It still runs like new at 90000 miles. I haul loads of furniture and appliances about 5-6 times a yr and have never had a problem. The only set of new tires my truck has ever had was when I bought it. lol. Yup I'm pretty rough on my truck, but that's why its been "ol' faithful" for over 7 yrs.
Cons: About 6 months after buying it the rear passenger break light gave out. It's not a bulb issue it's an electrical issue. But I've been driving it like that for 7 yrs. The cops have been friendly so far and just given me warnings. Also the cluster is all shot. 1 yr after buying it the speedometer gave out. Hence I began guaging my speed by listening to the motor and using the RPM gauage. Then a yr later that gave out too. Now I just keep up with traffic (its worked for the past 5 yrs).Then the oil guage gave out and the Cd player. The only guages that work are the fuel guage and the Temperature guage. But if you've been driving for over 20 yrs, it's not to hard to drive "Blind." lol.
Overall review: Great motor, great performance. This truck does what it was built to do. Would buy again. But I'm looking to upgrade. I had problems w/electrical system (break lights only) and cluster (guages: speedometer, RPM guage, Oil Guage.
Th SS Silverado is my kind of truck by Charles from Arkansas on 07/19/2010. Trim: 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 SS AWD Ext. Cab Short Bed, Owned 6 years.
Pros: This vehicle has been an excellent choice. Only time it has had to be worked on was twice for a computer problem and that was under warranty. Regular maintance items has been the only other mechanical expense. The paint/finish has held up and I get comments very frequently from strangers as to how good it looks and offers to purchase the truck. I pull a large Airstream travel trailer over large distances without any problem.
Cons: My wife complains that the ride is rough but she drives a Buick. It is a truck!
Overall review: I will purchase another Silverado with the 6.0 engine in two years.
Best truck I've owned by Rayme Ceres California on 03/24/2010. Trim: 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS Short Bed 2WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I just bought my truck with over 100k miles on it, and so far it's a dream. Handles well, the comfort inside is wonderful. Good braking and with the vortech engine the fuel consumption is better than most trucks its size. I love this truck.
Cons: Nothing that I have found yet. I've only had it a week so we'll see what happens but with that many miles onit and running as good as it does i have to say...like a rock
Overall review: I'm gonna stick with a all around beautiful truck. I don't think I'd buy another one.