2003 Ford Windstar

2003 Ford Windstar Prices
2003 Ford Windstar Fuel Economy
the van by april on 04/09/2010. Trim: 2003 Ford Windstar Cargo Van, Owned 4 years.
Pros: i like the fact that it gets great gas miledge and is roomy for long trips
Cons: the transmission always seems to be the first thing that goes out in windstars
Overall review: its get you from point a to point b :)
What a van by Upstate NY on 12/31/2008. Trim: 2003 Ford Windstar SE, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Pros...Well, the kids love it. Travels smoothly. Lots of room, storage areas. Happy to have the VCR, backup signal, smooth ride. Love the two side doors instead of one. Love the privacy windows. Will make sure to get that on every vehicle I buy. Runs good in snow.
Cons: I got the vehicle in May 2006 at 48,000 miles, transmission issues arised right outside the 3,000 mile warranty. Repaired it. Now again, transmission is out in Dec 2008. Need a rebuilt one. though I am at 120,000. Not all the door locks will work, VCR will not work on extended use. All but 1 wheel sensor has been changed. Rear (Trunk) Door sensor don't always connect, so the open door symbol is always on.
Overall review: I really like the ride of this van. Got a few years out of it but I still owe way too much to trade it in without a transmission. SO, put in a new one and pray for a couple more years.
Last vehicle standing by Lawrence , Oklahoma on 03/29/2011. Trim: 2003 Ford Windstar LX, Owned 8 years.
Pros: At 150,000 miles it gets 22 to 26 mpg if driven 65 mph or less. Very dependable. I change oil 3,000 miles,one set of front brakes. It better than any van on road.
Cons: transmission out at 50,000 miles,under warranty. Air went out at 65.000 miles,no warranty. Back of drivers seat could be stronger.
Overall review: I have looked at new vehicles but cant find one to replace my van. Think I'll drive it until it dont run. Believe I can get another 100,000 miles out of it.
Perfect family transportation by Canuck from Toronto on 10/27/2009. Trim: 2003 Ford Windstar Limited, Owned 4 years.
Pros: This baby carries a load & coasts along at highway speeds in comfort. It has done way more than I could have hoped & kept on going. No problems so far (touch wood).
Cons: Its a minivan, so its never going to make a list of awesome looking vehicles or burn up the highway.
Overall review: We got the van to transport the kids around when they were younger & to go on vacations & its done it all with gusto & with very little trouble. My wife was originally hesitant to drive such a big vehicle, but now loves the ride & the high view that a van gives. She has no desire to replace it, even though we no longer need such a large vehicle. We've been more than satisfied with our Windstar.
Dependable, comfortable Ride by Northern Nellie on 05/29/2008. Trim: 2003 Ford Windstar LX, Owned 2 years.
Pros: Great acceleration, looks great and comfortable seats. Love the automatic sliding doors.
Cons: It is very noisy, its like driving a box if a window is open even a crack. Transmission failed at 70,000 miles. The VCR doesn't work and there seems to be electrical problems (interior lights flicker, back up warning works-sometimes) This van is not made for winter driving, it hates snow and cold. The advanced trac and skid control freezes up. Who ever installed the windshield did not put the seal in correctly, wind whistles through it on windy days.
Overall review: I really like this van but the quality is not very good, which is too bad because I reallyyyyyy like this van. It has been pretty dependable besides the transmission.