2003 Pontiac Bonneville

2 3 4 5 6 7  Next
If you find one, buy one with confidence by Road Warrior greater Chicago/Milwaukee area on 01/30/2012. Trim: 2003 Pontiac Bonneville SE, Owned 7 years.
Pros: I love this car. I bought this car in 2005 with 25,000 miles. I have now owned the car for 6 years and have over 170,000 miles on it. Great road car with absolutely no issues. I have changed fluids, tires, breaks and thats about all.
Cons: MIleage average is 23 and on the highway I get 27. I would like to see that improved, but not a hit to the excellent performance.
Overall review: The ratings cant say enough about the level of quality and engineering that went into this car. I would never buy foreign with cars like this being made in the US. Seems that GM really made a poor decision discontinuing this car.
The Bonneville: Great bang for your buck by Wil from NJ on 04/25/2007. Trim: 2003 Pontiac Bonneville SE, Owned 4 years.
Pros: It has an excellent pick up for it's size. Very smooth and comfortable ride. Minimal mainteance and I expect this vehicle to last over 200k miles. I have about 86k miles so far and no major issues. The Bonneville is like driving a luxury/sporty/big car all in one. To bad they stopped making this car, you get a good bang for your buck.
Cons: The only thing I dislike is the actual size of the vehicle. It is quite big and is not as easy to maneuver as a small vehicle, but it is a big car. I purchased it because I fell in love with the performance, until I realized later that this was a pretty big car.
Overall review: The Bonneville is a smooth ride and a great value. It is also really good on gas. On a full tank of gas I went from Central Jersey to Washington D.C. and back (around 400 miles round trip). My experience has been outstanding with the car so far and I expect to have it after it hits 200k (nearly half way there).
SUPERCHARGED BONNEVILLE by SPEED DEMON FROM FOX POINT on 10/30/2003. Trim: 2003 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: STYLE, COMFORT, INTERIOR, OPTIONS
Cons: WITH THE SUPERCHARGER YOU SHOULD INCREASE THE HORSEPOWER TO 300HP OR MORE.
Overall review: i HAVE HAD MY BONNEVILLE SINCE JAN.25,2003. I WILL BUY ANOTHER ONE IN ABOUT 2 YEARS. I HAVE HAD PONTIACS SINCE THE 76 TRANS AM. LOVE THOSE PONTIACS. YOU CAN KEEP THOSE IMPORTS, GIVE ME GOOD OLD MADE IN AMERICA. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.
Nice car. by Joan on 02/04/2013. Trim: 2003 Pontiac Bonneville SE, Owned 9 years.
Pros: I love this car. It is sporty, good looking, handles well. I use 20% ethanol and push my mileage to 28 but otherwise its around 23mpg. I bought it used with 60K and now have 171,000 miles. Still runs great. Roomy, large trunk.
Cons: Little problems: The automatic window motors have gone out on all 4 windows. That is a hassle and cost up to $200 to replace. Fuel gage doesn't work.
Overall review: I would love to have another car exactly like this, with lower miles.
Reliable Pontiac Bonneville. by Kurt from Hillsborough NJ on 01/06/2013. Trim: 2003 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi, Owned 9 years.
Pros: I bought a showroom new SSEi 2003 as a leftover in January of 2004. I now have 125,000 miles on it. This is the best car I ever owned. It has had very few problems. The catalytic converter was replaced under warranty, and I replaced the serpentine belt myself, for about $35. It has absolutely no rust on the body. The springs, shocks, water pump and alternator have never needed to be replaced. The motor, transmission, electric windows, locks, mirrors, heater and AC have never needed service. MPG is better than EPA ratings. It has a built in air compressor that inflates the load leveling rear shock aborbers and also allows you to inflate tires. Can any other car do that?
Cons: The car was missing a cabin air filter and housing from day one. Also, from the day I saw it on the showroom floor, one of the fenders did not line up correctly with the wheel well, which reminds me of 1970's American cars. The fuel guage started to have accuracy problems at 120 k miles. Sound insulation could be better. Handling is great, but I would rather have a car with a softer suspension. I wish the rear seats would fold down to increase carrying capacity. The supercharger has never been a problem, but the supercharged motor requires premium fuel. The flexible coupling of the steering shaft had to be replaced for $175.
Overall review: I never regretted buying this car. I have had so few problems over the 125,000 miles that I have owned it that it is hard to believe. I have owned two Buick Skylarks 1990 and 1995, both of which were poor quality. The 1995 blew a head gasket at 50 k miles, and the 1990's transmission seized at 70 k miles. I bought those cars new. I had a 1976 Nova in college, which I bought with 50 k miles on the odometer. The frame and flooring rusted out and it had to be junked. I bought a brand new 1991 Ford Thunderbird that needed expensive repairs as soon as the 1 year factory warranty expired. My ownership experience with my Bonneville is so much better than what I have experienced with any other GM or Ford vehicle, that I wonder why GM didn't try harder to keep the Pontiac brand going. If I could buy a brand new Bonneville today, I would. I am reluctant to trade it in because I am afraid I won't be as lucky the next time around.
2 3 4 5 6 7  Next