2003 Ford Focus

WORST Car I EVER owned. by Blu-ray on 03/02/2012. Trim: 2003 Ford Focus ZTS, Owned 9 years.
Pros: I loved the styling and the look.
Cons: Unreliable, always in the shop. Traded it in with 73K. 9,200.00 worth of repairs from the end of the 36K warranty until trading it in on another car! WORST CAR I HAVE EVER EVER OWNED. Car ate through tires. I had to buy new tires ever 20K on this car. Ford could do nothing about it.
Overall review: I use to buy Fords because I've always bought Fords. After this Ford I will avoid them. This car left a very bad taste in my mouth and a big hole in my pocket. It was always going into the shop for one thing or another. Total A/C replacement before 45K miles, Manifold, Trunk release, power windows, stereo, radiator, every sensor on the vehicle at least twice, water pump, alternator (twice, both from Ford), starter, ignition coils, battery cable that shorted out, headlights every so many miles, valve seals, and Transmission was the last thing and that's when I traded. NEVER AGAIN WILL I BUY A FORD! I bought this car for just under 20K. With interest on the loan and the 9,200 in repairs I should have gone for a pricier Camry or other car. Forget this car. DO NOT BUY EVER! Everytime I turned around it was in the shop for repairs because something was wrong with it. And no I didn't race, drive erratically, or drive the car roughly. I'm a very safe, cautious, and sane driver.
Ford Focus ZTS by michigan on 04/01/2011. Trim: 2003 Ford Focus ZTS, Owned 8 years.
Pros: It is like the energizer bunny took a licking and kept on ticking. Unfortunately I totaled my car in Feb 2011 had 241,000 plus miles on it. I bought my Focus brand new. other than the normal stuff replaced clutch and pressure plate a couple of years ago, tune ups, oil changes, tires, prior to totaling it I had just had new ball joints and shocks and struts put on I would definately purchase this car again. I loved my Focus
Cons: I am a stickler for customer service I believe you treat others how you want to be treated. The dealership I bought it at will never see my business again. No follow through, once the sale is made they could care less. Very poor customer relations. I had heated seats, my driver side heating unit melted throughthe seat and my coat, The dealership wanted $600.00 to fix it even though it was an appearent defect and I had bought the extended warranty. The other dealership in my area wanted 130.00 just to look at it. I went to our local television station once they contacted the dealership they were more than willing to fix it free of charge.
Overall review: It is really a shame you can not buy factory direct and eliminate the middle man(dealerships)
Cheap Tires for Small Wonder by Chicago, IL on 08/25/2010. Trim: 2003 Ford Focus SE, Owned 7 years.
Pros: gas mileage - style
Cons: Ignition switch caused headaches, was still under warranty but shop replaced three times. Car rattles alot - i feel every rock on the road. Not for anyone over 5'5". Cheapest tires in the world. It's only a 4 cylinder and you'll know when you press the ignition and it doesn't go right away.
Overall review: Good mileage car - being my first car out of college I really bonded. Quality for the price. wont buy a ford again - they are super slacking. But the lil car never left me stranded :)
A car that makes sense. by sensible man on 12/09/2009. Trim: 2003 Ford Focus ZX5, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Good use of space for its size. Its many doors makes it easy to load. 31 mpg on the road-sometimes more. Has never let me down no matter the circumstances.
Cons: Rattles. Does not accelarate fast. Radio is shot after 4 years.
Overall review: Reliable. Inexpensive to operate. Has many uses. I would buy it again.
Focus Super Lemon by An MSN Autos Consumer on 04/18/2009. Trim: 2003 Ford Focus SE, Owned 6 years.
Pros: There is really nothing I like about this car, I had always owned Hondas & wish I had never purchased an American car especially a Ford.
Cons: I purchased this car new in 2003, so far the immissions tube has cracked, the igintion switch has had to be replaced, replaced the shocks & struts also. My mechanic is right it is a disposable car & not made to keep or last over a period of time.
Overall review: I would not recommend anyone buying this model or make.