2003 Ford Explorer

The worst nightmare by Worried of what is for Ford on 12/06/2006. Trim: 2003 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4.0L 4WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Right now this moment - THE COLOR
Cons: The engine, I was told I have a bad engine in the vehicle with 85,000 miles. I have changed the oil and oil filter as recommended by the mmanufacturers Manual for time and mileage. This is not Quality. This is poor for any vehicle. I have spoken to the mechanic who takes care of this vehicle, he doesn't understand how this could happen either.
Overall review: Realistically it is dissappointing to take care of a vehicle as the manufaturer suggested in time and mileage. I had a overbearing salesman who was adamant of the quality and reliability of this vehicle. Seeing how it was taken care of and now the result of normal driving and normal usage. Then dealing wil the people representing the dealership, FORD. I WILL NEVER RECOMMEND A FORD.
Family SUV by zorro on 05/29/2008. Trim: 2003 Ford Explorer XLT 4.0L AWD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Nice and roomy , rides very smooth, really a nice car
Cons: We have the V6 and it still eats gas.
Overall review: I really like it, I just wish it did better on gas.
BIGGEST BANG FOR THE BUCK by PONCHO FROM RIO RANCHO on 06/16/2003. Trim: 2003 Ford Explorer XLS 4.0L 2WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: BEST VALUE IN A VEHICLE I'VE EVER PURCHASED. BEEN DRIVING FOR 45 YEARS. GREAT RIDE, LOVE THE TOTAL PACKAGE.
Cons: A LITTLE LOUD DURING ACCELARATION.
Overall review: YOU CAN'T BEAT THE VALUE, WITH THE GREAT REBATES AND OTHER INCENTIVES. I PAID LESS THEN 20K. LOTS OF STANDARD GOODIES AND MY WIFE LOVES HOW SHE FEELS SAFE WHEN DRIVING IT.
THE BEAUTY OF THE ROAD by Tall Gal in GA on 02/23/2012. Trim: 2003 Ford Explorer XLT 4.6L 2WD, Owned 9 years.
Pros: My '03 Explorer is in pristine condition. It has only 52,000 miles and has never given me a problem. The costs so far (I purchased it new) tires, 2 batteries, front and rear brakes, wiper blades. How could I wish for more?
Cons: My only dislike is the fact that this particular year vehicle does not allow rental places to rent me a car tower. I wanted to bring my '03 VW Bug from CA to GA, only to find Budget, Penske & U-Haul would not rent a car tower to me. I had to sell the VW.
Overall review: Overall, I love my Explorer. I thought I might replace it in 2012, but I don't care for the style, so I'll wait a couple of years.
Family SUV by DFW Familyman on 08/14/2009. Trim: 2003 Ford Explorer XLS 4.0L 2WD, Owned 6 years.
Pros: Good power, roomy, and reliable. Power outlets in front, middle and back.
Cons: Gas Mileage...basically 16 city and 18 hwy
Overall review: Basic maintenance on the car: oil chg, battery, breaks, tires....bought New in 03. Wish I had a 3rd row seat, but all of the 3rd row seat Explorers I test drove had a bad road hum.
Review ID: #541924 Is this review offensive?