1993 Ford Tempo

1993 Ford Tempo pictures are not available
1993 Ford Tempo Prices
1993 Ford Tempo Fuel Economy
Best Spent Money by Rock on 03/02/2012. Trim: 1993 Ford Tempo GL Sedan, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I LOVE this car, I bought it for $400.00 last August .. I put snow tires on it & replaced the drivers side tie rod ... this car starts @ 25 below zero (Alaska) noooooo problem, I'm thinking of getting remote start on it so it'll be toasty warm when I get in it ... never spent a better $400.00 but then, I knew it would be a good car because I have another 1993 Tempo down in SC I bought for $700.00 3 yrs ago .... can't go wrong with a Tempo ... and I have perfect running A/C & Heat in both of them!
Cons: ahhh, I don't dislike anything about this gem
Overall review: I would highly recommend this car to everyone, you'll get your $$$$$$ worth and then some
my temp-ho! by rather push a ford then drive a chevy! on 08/25/2011. Trim: 1993 Ford Tempo GL Sedan, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Reliable, tough, great A/C, comfortable, and you can’t get a speeding ticket in it! I beat the snot out of this car. I off road it, jump it off the rail road track by my house, redline it, and she still looks and runs like she was new.
Cons: slow(what do you exspect), has a little valve chatter that i cant seen to find the cause.
Overall review: i used to see these things on the road and laugh cause i thought they were a piece, but i stand corrected, mine is good, reliable, can be fun to drive if you get creative like me with it, solid. cheap to fix the little things that go wrong with it.
my cheap mustang by sundance, ontario,canada on 08/21/2009. Trim: 1993 Ford Tempo GL Sedan, Owned 3 years.
Pros: its a great little car, i bought mine 3yrs ago with 88,000kms on it cost me $2000,, the body was , and is still good , the paint work is still as good as when it was produced, this car is well maintained , with regular oil changes ect, i hope to keep this tempo for a long time
Cons: i wish that the tranny had overdrive in it , even thought its a 4cyl , it drives very well
Overall review: its a great little car , it gets me where i want to go , then some, i put about $1000 a yr into it , that includes regular maintenance, this car owes me nothing
Review ID: #542091 Is this review offensive?
1993 Ford Tempo by tempo owner from PA on 02/24/2009. Trim: 1993 Ford Tempo GL Sedan, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: I have owned this car since 1996 (bought is used with 38k miles) and now (2/2009) has 195,000 miles. No major problems - replaced CV boot several times. Replaced water pump and starter at about 170k. Replaced battery, brakes, tires, spark plugs w/ wires, muffler etc as it is required by all vehicles.
Cons: Interior noise.
Overall review: It has served me well. Good car.
Tempo GL is a "stealth" Mustang! by An MSN Autos Consumer on 02/01/2009. Trim: 1993 Ford Tempo GL Sedan, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: Purchased used with 20,000 miles on it from Avis. After 15 years vehicle now has 115,000 miles on it with no major repairs except new brake pads at 68,000 miles and cooling hose and line replacement at 80,000 miles. V-6 engine with cruise control and air on gives 20mpg @ 70mph.
Cons: Interion vinyl plastic is deteriorating, both front door electric window motors required replacement, drivers automatic seat belt retract failed and Ford no longer supports any spare parts for it. Engine has very poor cooling and temp runs right up to limit during summer months requiring shutting off air conditioning to allow engine temp to cool down. Brakes always squeek when stopping. Ford says this is "normal" for the tempo GL!
Overall review: Very reliable and economical to operate. Easy to drive on long trips or around town. V-6 has plenty of power for mountain or freeway driving.