2003 Ford Escape

Escape the mini-car blues and the bloated SUV gas guzzline woes. by Tim. on 02/15/2007. Trim: 2003 Ford Escape Limited 4WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Attractive styling. 4WD. Decent power. Comfortable seats. High quality materials. Power Everything. Sun/Moonroof.
Cons: MPG - But hey! It's an SUV.
Overall review: This vehicle is not for the "frugal at the gas pump" types. However, I have driven this vehicle to MN from KC and did not have to fight fatigue or other driving ills because of bad seats or poor driving position. It's ride was smooth, the engine quiet, and the heater kept me warm in sub-zero temps. I researched this vehicle for a few years before buying a used Escape, and I love it. No regrets. My one wish for this car would be to have either adjustable pedals or a telescoping steering wheel.
great little suv by colleen, upstate ny on 10/15/2007. Trim: 2003 Ford Escape XLT Choice 2 4WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: everthing. i love the way it handles. mpg not bad for suv and does not take as much $$ to fill as other suvs. great family car. i was not even considering a ford originally. my husbad and i usually prefer honda or toyota but very happy with my purchase and glad i gave ford a chance!
Cons: not too much to say.
Overall review: would definitely consider another escape in next car purchase.
One of the Best Vehicles I have Bought Yet by Glenna From Chico on 01/08/2013. Trim: 2003 Ford Escape XLT Premium 4WD, Owned 3 years.
Pros: I have owned the vehicle for three years and other than regular maintance and a recall, I have not had to put it in the shop for anything. I love driving it I can see well from all sides out of the mirrors I do not worry that I have a blind spot. The other rater is correct though the wheel needs to be adjustable. It gets in the way of the speedometer.
Cons: My CD changer keeps hanging up
Overall review: It is a great value for the money
The Best Suv Other There by AC on 07/06/2008. Trim: 2003 Ford Escape XLT Choice 2WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: i love it. the only ford that i would buy and i have always loved the escape since it came out. I got it by a chance and i am glad i bought it.
Cons: TOO MUCH BRAKE DUST and a small noise in the back hatch. wish gas was better but its as good as it gets for a suv
Overall review: would buy another one and its a fun vehicle to drive
Fantastico red XLT premium 4wd Escape by Spazmonkey, Emerald City on 12/30/2006. Trim: 2003 Ford Escape XLT Premium 4WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Pretty much all of it
Cons: Pleather seats, don’t hate them but am worried about the longevity.
Overall review: I just bought this a couple days ago. I had never considered an Escape, I had been looking for a pathfinder or 4runner. I drove this and loved it. Not quite as big as the two I just mentioned but I don’t know that is such a bad thing. Took it up to the mountain today and did great on the freeway up the hills. Tested the 4wd a little and was optimistic as to its performance when using it more frequently. I think I have the XLT premium package with a pretty good 6 disk stereo that I have no intention of replacing with aftermarket. Power/handling are surprising. I am 6’3’’ and the drivers seat and positioning are very comfortable. I hope to keep this for a long time I am in love probably unhealthily so.