2003 Jaguar S-TYPE

You only live once! by Nigol from NC on 02/02/2014. Trim: 2003 Jaguar S-TYPE 4.2 R, Owned 1 year.
Pros: This is my second Jag, I had a 3.0 V6 S Type about 4 years ago. I loved it. I got 30MPG out of it....and the acceleration was pretty good....but you don't buy a Jag for speed....or do you? I now own a 4.2 V8 S Type R.....and this thing flys! There is a HUGE difference between the 3.0 V6 and the 4.2 V8 R (Supercharged). I love the power. I hardly use it but it's there when you need it. There are very few cars on the road that can match it's acceleration. I still get 24MPG but when crusing at 65MPH it shows my average is 32MPG! The CD changer is great, 1 CD in the dash and 6 CDs in the changer in the trunk. MIne has Sat Nav which is great too, it provides a ton of info.
Cons: Jags are a low ride so the seating is a little too low for me. I wish it had a USB port to play MP3 files from. I'm going to buy one of those plug in adapters, they're about $15 on Amazon, you plug it into the 12v socket, then plug in your USB drive and the adapter transmits the music over the airwaves so you can tune in your car radio and listen to it that way ;o) Tires can be expensive! I need 2 new front tires and they are $398 each! Although I've shopped around and found them for $229 each.....but that's still a lot. That's it. I can't think of anything else that bugs me or that I don't like.
Overall review: I was looking for a classic car, something with style and power. A sleeper as they call them. I looked at BMWs (6 series), Mercedes (E class AMG), Audi A6 and the Jaguar S Type (IMO the best looking Jag). I went with the Jaguar because there are not many on the roads and I like that. The 4.2 V8 R is amazing. I paid $8500 for my 2003 4.2 V8 R with 94,000 miles on it. The bodywork is in amazing shape but the best part and my advice to you is.... the service history! The previous owner got all the service work done and kept a folder with all the receipts!!! That's worth gold if you ask me and he took it to a Jaguar or Mercedes dealership! Buy one with history so you know it's been well taken care of. A month before I bought it he had all the brakes and rotors replaced costing $1200! Buying a car like this is all about enjoyment, cruising and feeling special....so don't be worrying about gas prices and paying $3.70 for premium....just enjoy the ride! ;o)
Fastest Car by stackarms on 11/18/2009. Trim: 2003 Jaguar S-TYPE 4.2, Owned 6 years.
Pros: V8, DOUBLE OVERHEAD CAM, 32 Valves, 6 speed xmission, snap your head accelleration. 30mpg HWY, 17-19mpg in city traffic. Was able to avoid a very dangerous box on interstate w/stomp down on gas, after avaioding a certain crush, I looked at speedometer 123mph felt like 65-70. Pinions=great suspension. Saddest part is depreciation as w/all cars. The car still looks factory fresh inside and out and will best most cars on the street. The retro grill reminded me of the old Jags, so I bought it w/all of the frills. Too bad Jaguar has phased out the retro grill. Amistake in my opinion.
Cons: Brakes should be stiffer...corrected in the '04. Dash hard to read in daylight...again, corrected in later model..
Overall review: For a good personal review of this make a model, I could not add anything to what I have said above.
The Great White kitty by An MSN Autos Consumer on 01/30/2008. Trim: 2003 Jaguar S-TYPE 4.2 R, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Super fast, The responsiveness from the engine is awesome!!!
Cons: The car's speed can sometimes get you into trouble with the flashing bluelights!
Overall review: Such an awesome vehicle!!!
Very nice car by An MSN Autos Consumer on 10/14/2013. Trim: 2003 Jaguar S-TYPE 4.2, Owned 10 years.
Pros: We have had ours for 10 years. Gets serious 33MPH on the road at 75MPH with the V-8. Ford solved almost all the problems. At the used car price, the vehicle is an absolute steal
Cons: C-D changer would have to be in the trunk. too old for Bluetooth and Sirius
Overall review: We would buy it again; but, only used. The new car price is ridiculous.
The VERY Best LOOKING CAR by papyvon on 01/14/2009. Trim: 2003 Jaguar S-TYPE 3.0, Owned 3 years.
Pros: C'est le premier véhicule qui fait tant plaisir a conduire, tout les gens te regardent passer et souhaiteraient etre a ma place. J'adore cette JAGUAR et espere en jouir encore plusieurs années. 2003 GRIS CHARCOAL Belle a regarder passer et plaisante a conduire,sans aucun reproche. J'aurais aimé avoir les moyens de m'en procurer une comme celle-la il y a plusieurs années. YVON
Cons: only one time at Jag dealer for a back up sensor That's all every thing works very well.
Overall review: Hope you are able to get one even if it used.