2002 MINI Cooper

super mini by redrose from sherwood on 05/13/2010. Trim: 2002 MINI Cooper S, Owned 1 year.
Pros: it's small, it's quick, it's really good on gas and it looks good
Cons: when i find something i'll tell you
Overall review: great little car
The Fun & Fast Way To Go! by Darrell & Jennifer Niles Silver Cliff Colorado on 01/26/2009. Trim: 2002 MINI Cooper S, Owned 3 years.
Pros: Everything! The viewing from this car is excellant, the handling is amazing, it sure picks up when you want & need it to. It stops on a dime! We decide we will be 80 years old and own one! The Mini "Family" is incredbilbe everyone who drives a mini waves at other mini's (you mini owners know what I mean)! Our mini get's on average 35 mpg! We love it!
Cons: Not for a family, not all people can work on mini's the parts are expensive BUT if you take care of it it will last forever! The drink holder situation but when your having so much fun who cares!
Overall review: We have taken many short and long trips (3,000+ miles) and never want to get out of the car, the "comfort" rating for this car is a 10. My husband is 6'3" and he loves being in it!
Skinny on Mini by Skip on 08/16/2006. Trim: 2002 MINI Cooper Base, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Handles like a go-cart, with intuitive driving characteristics, predictable & forgiving, stops well. Comfortable for two with room for luggage or a trip to Costco. Great gas mileage. So much fun to drive that you will make 12 trips to the store for a dozen eggs.
Cons: Limited back seat room (short trips only!). The windshield collects rock dings and cracks. The front cupholders work well to hold loose change and not much else. The (electric) power steering cooling fan is weak spot. Original run-flat tires (dealer option) wear quickly, and the brakes - like all BMW's - generate tons of brake dust.
Overall review: Been driving for over 30 years - American muscle to British roadsters (including a 1960 Mini Cooper) - and never have I had this much fun motoring down the road. You'll cheerfully waste a day looking for twisty roads to carve. The Mini is a hoot to drive. It's well put together, the dealer has execeptional support and service, and the gas mileage is phenomenal.
Almost Perfect by Tennessee on 10/02/2006. Trim: 2002 MINI Cooper Base, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: It's stylish, handles extremely well, excellent brakes, well-built and dependable, high quality leather upholstery, fairly quick, gets attention, excellent fuel-economy
Cons: The brakes create way too much brake dust; dealers are thin-spread; maintenance is expensive
Overall review: I was actually looking at Hondas when I purchased my MINI, and it's a decision I don't regret at all. Every day I love it a little more. Though maintenance costs are high, there haven't been any non-routine repairs necessary unlike my previous vehicle(a Toyota Avalon). I would recommend this car to every person I come in contact with.
Just Plain Fun by Heather on 07/06/2006. Trim: 2002 MINI Cooper Base, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: It is exceptional in corners and is tons of fun to drive.
Cons: Straight windscreen attracts stone chips like a magnet
Overall review: I have loved this car from afar for so long I'm finally loving it up close and I have to say it is not a disappointment. Looks cool, fun to drive, great mileage and it fits quite nicely in my garage.