1993 Ford F-150

1993 Ford F-150 pictures are not available
1993 Ford F-150 Prices
1993 Ford F-150 Fuel Economy
This truck is going nowhere by An MSN Autos Consumer on 08/23/2011. Trim: 1993 Ford F-150 XL Reg. Cab 2WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: As ridiculous as it sounds i have been getting 22mpg on average now i do mostly highway but in a full size pick up that really isn't horrible. Now i have the straight 4.9 straight 6 which doesn't have a lot of hp but plenty of torque. Now i did have a couple of headaches with it with the map sensor and coil but 100 dollars in parts and 15 min of aggravation it was back on the road. Very easy to work on and if for some reason you do kill the 4.9 very easy to do a 5.0 or a 5.8 swap which was an option in the same year truck. This is the 3rd truck i've owned and my 2nd ford and i would buy a 4x4 of this truck with the same motor in a heartbeat.
Cons: When i bought this truck i had not realized it belonged to a local construction company who beefed up the rear suspension so my truck rides a little rougher than average without a load in it. My only other complaint is i'm constantly breaking the interior door handles 7 in 6 months plastic=junk but thats an easy fix 86 f150 door handles bolt right in and they are steel just in case you have the same problem i do.
Overall review: i would not trade this truck for a v8 or a v6 i love the gas mileage and the torque. I have not had any rust problems other than on the bed and the heat shield. it rides rough but it gets me from point a to point b with or with out a load. i figured the gas mileage out when i was hauling a 93 tracker so i'm probably off on that i might actually get better. Repairs are easy to do and usually just problems enough to aggravate you. i would recommend this truck to anyone looking for a cheap beater or something that won't let them down.
Best domestic truck on the roads by An MSN Autos Consumer on 11/23/2009. Trim: 1993 Ford F-150 XL Reg. Cab Long Bed 4WD, Owned 4 years.
Pros: I had this truck from dec. 2005 to oct. 2008. I put 12,000 miles on it and changed oil every 2,500 miles. It got 19 miles to the gallon on the highway for me, with a 5.0 V8, and a 5 speed manual transmission. I would always recommend the stick over auto in this instance, much better mileage if you shift it correctly, meaning around 2,000 rpms. This truck was not very heavy, even with a tollbox and dual tanks. I had a darn near sludge free engine at my last oil change around 148,500 miles, and the only problem I had with the truck the whole time I had it was an idle air control valve, and I had to rebuild the rear axle, a ford 8.8 rear, 3:55 ratio. 4X4 worked super.
Cons: IFS front axle, lost control just about every time it rained, but that may have been due to the cheap goodyear tires on it. Um... spark plugs were a pain to replace on the back cylinders, and the oil pan gasket had to be replaced, as well as valve cover gaskets...the engine never used oil, it just leaked it, at about a half a quart to 1,500 miles... easy fix though, unless you like giving business to dealerships. I did it myself and saved about 80%, haha.
Overall review: I'd buy several of them if I had it to do all over again. Cheap to get parts for them, not too terrible on gas if you tune them up constantly and pay attention to them like good owners should.
Part of the family Truck by Great Grandma frm California on 08/07/2009. Trim: 1993 Ford F-150 XL SuperCab Long Bed 2WD, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: Reliability, Comfort ,Ease of driving. endurance (233,000 miles with no major problem) Pride of ownership.
Cons: Computer weakness has had to be replaced early (1994) Parts sometimes may be from 1994 as it was purchased late in 1993
Overall review: We love our truck and would not sell it.My Family would dis-own me if I did. Turn the key and it starts after 233,000+ miles. Has a cast iron engine with 6 cyclinders, a larger transmission, not normally in this size truck. Drove it off the lot new and haven't had to change anything except gas in the air condition.
"The Dream Truck" by Carlisle from NC on 06/13/2009. Trim: 1993 Ford F-150 Lightning 2WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Beautiful truck, lots of power, always get compliments on the way it looks.
Cons: At 6 feet tall, not much room inside - but wouldn't trade it for anything. Had to replace a few items( fuel regulator and a couple of sensors) but with 127,000 miles on it, I cannot complain.
Overall review: Love it, bought it for grandson but it has too much power for him.. Gave him my 1996 GMC lowrider 1500 and never regretted it........
Great 5.8 by Kuhl from missouri on 12/08/2008. Trim: 1993 Ford F-150 XL Reg. Cab Long Bed 4WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: electric 4x4 works great, 159,000 miles still runs strong. 351 tows very well
Cons: typical late model ford rear fender rust. front bushings go out easily causing negative camber.
Overall review: love this style of pickups. the 92-97 and the 73-79 fords are the best.