2002 Hyundai XG350

Comfortable Ride by An MSN Autos Consumer on 06/30/2007. Trim: 2002 Hyundai XG350 L, Owned 5 years.
Pros: The way it handles on long road trips, we can get around large slower vehicles really well on a two lane highway.
Cons: That Hyundai discontinued making this model.
Overall review: Great vehicle!!!
Superb Value ! by Hyundai Fan from Pittsburgh area on 12/03/2007. Trim: 2002 Hyundai XG350 L, Owned 5 years.
Pros: Great size and style ! Roomy back seat, easy to drive, park and wash. Great value-minor headlight problems-warranty covered - First foreign car, and delighted in this vehichle.
Cons: When taken through a car wash, it triggers the engine light to come on-this disapears in two days-Would like to see better gas mileage.
Overall review: I would reccomend this car to anyone! Still looks great after 5 years-no major repairs-great value-and upcoming company. My husband bought an Elantra Hatchback since....and we love it too!
Review ID: #519443 Is this review offensive?
For a older guy great car. by Bill on 11/08/2007. Trim: 2002 Hyundai XG350 L, Owned 5 years.
Pros: Does everything I have ever wanted from a car, great!!!
Cons: slightly mushy ride
Overall review: Best car I have ever owned. I lliked it so much I bought another one for my wife.
Nice car, bad service (at dealership) by An MSN Autos Consumer on 03/23/2007. Trim: 2002 Hyundai XG350 Base, Owned 4 years.
Pros: This is a beautiful looking vehicle with lots of power and quick acceleration. Also goes around bends with little to no "rolling" sensation due to european styled wheel base. Very good paint job, no rust anywhere after 5 years. Very dependable vehicle.
Cons: Good servicing for vehicle is hard to find. Had tires replaced twice already (and looking to replace again) as tires have quick and abnormal wear. Overall most frustrating issue is problem with trying to fuel the car; sensor inside tank shuts pump off and can take up to 20 minutes or so to fill up tank and causes the check engine light to come on! Car has been "repaired" at dealship 5 TIMES in last 2 and 1/2 years, and issue is still not fixed. Made several calls to Hyundai customer relations, and have talked to nice people, but have gotten nowhere. Extended warranty we purchased was incorrectly represented at the dealship (ALWAYS read details closely prior to buying!!)
Overall review: We have been impressed with Hyundai, and for the most part, feel this make and model car has been dependable. HOWEVER, do your research on the dealship (as when buying any vehicle) and ask around about the servicing. 2002 XG350's are known to have problems with fueling (slow to fuel, ect.), though regarding gas mileage, have been very pleased.
Somewhat Satisfied by Sorta Pleased from Arizona on 12/19/2006. Trim: 2002 Hyundai XG350 L, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: The Hyundai XG350L comes with many standard features at a fraction of the cost of other luxury vehicles. Mamy people are stunned to find out that it's actually a Hyundai. The interior is very elegant, with some of the best looking wood trim I have seen. Interior accommodations are top notch, with features such as dual power/heated seats, single disc CD and cassette, as well as an 8 dish trunk-mounted changer, auto headlights, and automatic climate control. All in all, this car has virtually everything you could ask for.
Cons: The stock stereo system is a little disappointing. After 70k miles many rattles have surfaced, and I am having a hard time locating the source of them. Some of the interior plastics seem a little cheap and flimsy, such as the center console lid. The rear window defroster seems to be a little weak, and it takes it a while to really clear the back window, although, living in AZ it is not used often. The front seats can get a bit uncomfortable on long drives and could use a little extra cushion. Unfortunately I have started to feel the transmission slipping occasionally, and am not looking forward to having it inspected!
Overall review: All in all this vehicle has been okay, and I do not know whether or not I will ever buy another one. Hyundai build quality has improved drastically over the years, and I am sure they will continue to get better. The only thing I have noticed is that some people have transmission problems with these models, and I'm hoping I won't have to have mine replaced, as I am no longer under the factory warranty!