2002 BMW Z3

2002 BMW Z3 Prices
2002 BMW Z3 Fuel Economy
A car that creates its own very uplifting world. by Huli driver on 09/24/2002. Trim: 2002 BMW Z3 Roadster 2.5i, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: This car creates its own world, and I am changed when I drive it- relaxed, rejuvinated, reminded of aspects of myself that get overlooked in a workday. Everything in the design works together to create an aesthetic power that has turned out to be much more fun than I imagined it would be before I purchased it.
Cons: Darn little. The plastic window is a pain. The cover (optional) doesn't have a hole for the antenna, and it gets soiled by the tires.
Overall review: An absolutely great experience of car ownership that I would wish for all my friends.
Average performance topped with a beautiful sports car veneer. by Dustin on 02/19/2014. Trim: 2002 BMW Z3 Roadster 3.0i, Owned 3 years.
Pros: If you like the style, then you probably agree that this car is a classic. I love the curves and the overall look and feel of the car. The 3.0 has great torque and good acceleration, even by today's standards. Even without a windscreen, the cabin is relatively calm with the top down. The shifter feels nice and the steering is tight. The sport package wheels look great and have held up incredibly well over the years. I enjoy driving a small sports car, and find no reason to buy this car and complain about size, since that is very much the point of this type of car. The car is beginning to show its age but has had very few issues since new, and relatively cheap to maintain.
Cons: The handling of this car is poor. I enjoy so much about driving it, but for a true performance driving enthusiast, there are so many shortcomings in handling performance. There is a lot of grip, but you will easily find yourself pushing through massive amounts of understeer if you enter a corner too fast. The feeling is numb, and seems nearly impossible to get any satisfying corner entry. Mid corner grip is good if not too aggressive, and corner exit can be a lot of fun. The car likes a good amount of slip angle, and is very controllable. Just pick your angle and have fun. Disabling the traction control and the other aid (forget the name of it) is essential before running the track.
Overall review: The car is unique and gets a lot of attention. I enjoy driving something that is different than the rest and that I truly enjoy every day. This car has been extremely reliable and also easy to work on for a DIY enthusiast. The ride is very comfortable. From the perspective of any performance driving and track enthusiast, the Z3 is disappointing. Improper suspension design, combined with a uninspired chassis and the softest rear end in the segment create a sports car that does not perform as well as the others. Performance rates a 7 as acceleration and braking are both good. The car can be fun to push out of turns but is not a true sports car performer.
My Toy! by Bimmer Guy, Fl on 03/07/2002. Trim: 2002 BMW Z3 Roadster 2.5i, Owned less than 1 year.
Overall review: My Toy!
True sports car! by JT on 02/08/2014. Trim: 2002 BMW Z3 Roadster 3.0i, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Great styling, great performance (3L), handles well, amazingly fun to drive. Used to own a Triumph TR-6, true British sports car, this is even nicer with modern safety features. Love the power top. Been reliable so far.
Cons: Little sluggish off the line, wish it had a 6 speed transmission. Not much room for your feet for clutch if you are a size 12 and a little tight if you are tall..
Overall review: Really enjoy this car. I have it stored for the winter, and cannot wait for Spring!
Best car ever purchased. by Johnny R in NOLA on 02/07/2013. Trim: 2002 BMW Z3 Roadster 2.5i, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: Bought new and it has been the best purchase we've ever made. Fun to drive and as my wife says, "very cute."
Cons: Nothing bad to say
Overall review: Me and my wife have decided that even though we will undoubtedly buy and sell other cars in our lifetime, this one stays in the family!