2002 BMW M Roadster

2002 BMW M Roadster Prices
2002 BMW M Roadster Fuel Economy
2 3 4 5 6  Next
Great Fun by An MSN Autos Consumer on 04/06/2006. Trim: 2002 BMW M Roadster, Owned 1 year.
Pros: everything
Cons: none
Overall review: Excellent
Greystoke ///M - A Real Chestbeater by Chopper pilot from Minneapolis on 06/25/2002. Trim: 2002 BMW M Roadster, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: The acceleration and handling of this car leaves you shaking your head and grinning. It’s simply a monster, if you know how to handle it. I’m still learning, but jeez it's an enjoyable lesson.
Cons: That #$@%! plastic rear window.
Overall review: I've had this beauty for a month now. It turns heads wherever it goes (believe me, it's sure not me). As a pilot, I'm used to low altitude speed, but this is something else. I've tripled the speed limit on some lesser-traveled corners (safety first!), and love the confidence the M instills. It's glued to the road, but it wants to fly. What a combination. I got the Steel Gray Metallic -- a dear friend named it Greystoke, 'cuz she thinks it appeals to one's more primitive nature. Guilty as charged. It's both the beauty and the beast. A classic.
THE ultimate driving machine by SeeYa in GA on 05/18/2002. Trim: 2002 BMW M Roadster, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Power.....Power.....Power!! The thrill of driving an absolute "pure breed" sports car. The look you get from other drivers when they thought they were going to leave a Z-3 in the dust. The effortless navigation of windy roads at 80+ MPH. Discontinued this month....its on its way to becomming a classic.
Cons: Plastic Window.
Overall review: I traded in my Z-3 for this monster. Great decision. I can't believe the Edmund's test drivers liked the Z-3 better in their 2000 test (or the Honda and the Audi for that matter). They must be a bunch of wussies that would rather drive like my grandma than pass everything on the road. In my own personal experience (after putting many miles on each), the M is not only MUCH faster, it handles better and doubles the Z-3 on the thrill meter.
Great sports car for the buck! by Cliff from Northern Virginia on 12/28/2012. Trim: 2002 BMW M Roadster, Owned more than 10 years.
Pros: I have a 1999 M Roadster and have owned it for the past 12 years. It is what a sports car should be, great performance and corners like a go-cart. The car has 61K miles on it and I have had no mechanical issues. I do the "old school" maintenance and expect to enjoy it for another 12 years..........
Cons: I only have 2 cons about the car. The first if the rear window, wish it was glass but it can be replaced. the second is the sub woofer, it blew the first month I had the car. I understand that is a common problem with the Harmon Kordon speakers. Not much to complain about after 12 years ownership! Would I buy it again if I had it to do over? You Bet.
Overall review: Great car.
Whatta car!! by Tom in Colorado on 04/28/2012. Trim: 2002 BMW M Roadster, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Great performance and handling. Sticks to the road like its glued, winding mountain roads are it's meat and potatos, accelerates like a rocket, and looks good doing all of these things. What's not to like? The hardest part of driving this car is wiping the smile off of your face. We use it for vacation trips, and weekend jaunts, I'm 6-2" and find the car comfortable on short, or long distance runs. Trunk space is a little small, but c'mon this is a sports car, not a family sedan.
Cons: Plastic rear window, no car alarm.
Overall review: Love the looks, love the performance, great car!
2 3 4 5 6  Next