2002 Infiniti QX4

Totally awesome vehicle! by Donna from Fort Wayne on 11/18/2009. Trim: 2002 Infiniti QX4 4WD, Owned 6 years.
Pros: We purchased this vehicle new in 2003. It was to replace my husband's minivan and we decided we wanted to experience an SUV. We looked at every one on the market and decided to purchase the QX4 since we were so pleased with our I30. Infiniti is high quality all the way. The comfort and styling on the QX4 are the best you will find. Reliability is excellent and it handles very well in bad weather.
Cons: I guess the only concern I have had is the blind spot on the highway as others have pointed out. Although, this is true on many vehicles.
Overall review: Surprised others haven't been told that if you position the roof racks in a certain position, you will eliminate the noise. Overall, we have had our QX4 for almost 6.5 years and still love it. I will keep it for a very long time, too, because right now there is no other SUV I would rather have. Too bad Infiniti doesn't still produce the QX4!
The Last True SUV by Infiniti Family from Las Vegas on 03/17/2009. Trim: 2002 Infiniti QX4 4WD, Owned 2 years.
Pros: The vehicle is EXCELLENT in all kinds of weather conditions (with the AWD option). I recently drove 2k miles across country through snow, rain, and even ice storms while pulling a U-Haul trailer and hit temperatures of minus -23 degrees; the SUV didn’t even flinch!!! Many luxury items and features that other SUV competitors lack in their 02 models such as optional AWD and 4 high/low options, “1 touch” windows and sunroof, chrome “Infiniti” emblem at the door jam, heated front/rear seats, woods accents and steering wheel, xenon lights, and much more.
Cons: True; this vehicle isn’t the most fuel efficient however it’s a SUV, not a Honda Civic. The backseat tends to be quite uncomfortable and unpractical for persons of height or long legs. If equipped with the navigation system, beware the software (CD’s) which is no longer being updated; the last update was 2005. The CD’s are designed to only accommodate certain zones (states) throughout the nation and tends to be expensive for each disk i.e. for myself, the cost of the California/Nevada CD was $136.00. Lastly, if equipped with the navigation system; the location of the CD changer is located at the rear of the trunk area which occasionally gets frustrating.
Overall review: I previously owned a 2000 QX4 and sold it for a Cadillac Escalade which happened to be one of the biggest financial mistakes. Sure the Escalade is attractive on the exterior/interior however the engine reliability is horrendous. I’m unique in the sense that I care more about the overall dependability of a vehicle rather than the so-called “status” symbol that it gives me in the public’s eye. Not only was it (Escalade) a gas hog; it was in the shop for repairs at least once a month. The entire 3 years I owned the 00 QX4; it never once went into the shop other than regular maintenance. These SUV’s are safe, dependable, attractive, and versatile. My wife loved my QX4 so much; we sold her Mercedes ML and ended up buying her a QX4 too!
Exellent SUV/Truck by Szelas73 on 05/09/2008. Trim: 2002 Infiniti QX4 4WD, Owned 6 years.
Pros: Quality of materials and craftsmenship is excellent for car designed in beiging of 2000. Quiet ride, no squiking or loose parts like on domestic cars. Good sound quality. Not a lot of maintnance to do, just rotate tires, change oil regulary and have fun whole year long. Excellent towing capabilities and very well design four-weel system, which makes fun to drive during winter. Adjastable headlamps it is helpfull when you towing a trailer and much much more.
Cons: I know that everybody complaining on gas mileage, sure it's not the greatest, but for truck/SUV with 5000 lb towing capability and four-wheel drive with locking diferentials and curb weight almost 4800lb would you expect better? Navigation system should be based on DVD format not CD platform, and maybe it should have CD player in dash instead of tape. Not much leg room in back.
Overall review: Well, I owned one, and if I were in search for new truck/SUV these days, I would take a good look on QX4. They have strong trouble free engines, very comfortable to drive. Definitely Good Buy.
Luxurious SUV by Chuck on 04/23/2008. Trim: 2002 Infiniti QX4 4WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: Excellent handling and very responsive engine. Very quiet and luxurious. Bought a 2002 in 2008 because I was so impressed with the drive quality. Bose sound and 6 disc CD player awesome. Styling is very appealing. One of Consumer Reports "best of the best," so I expect to get at least another 100k out of this vehicle before I sell it. Surprisingly spacious cargo capacity.
Cons: If you're over 6' this isn't the vehicle for you. Gas mileage is what you'd expect for a fairly heavy SUV, but if you're looking for great gas mileage I suppose you'd be looking for a different type of vehicle.
Overall review: If you get a chance to snag a used QX4 2002 or later for the right price, take it and run!
Who needs a Man when you have a QX4?!! by Rachel From Alabama on 11/26/2007. Trim: 2002 Infiniti QX4 4WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: The woodgrain factor is a big plus, the way the QX handles in amazing. Classic American luxury car all the way around
Cons: Why did they quit making them in '04??
Overall review: I love my Infiniti QX4! Everything about the QX is top notch from the midnight leather & the 6 disc CD changer, to the blue headlights !
Review ID: #519215 Is this review offensive?