2002 Suzuki Esteem

2002 Suzuki Esteem Prices
2002 Suzuki Esteem Fuel Economy
This car is junk by An MSN Autos Consumer on 05/31/2012. Trim: 2002 Suzuki Esteem GL, Owned 1 year.
Pros: It's a very cute little car and gets great gas mileage.
Cons: I bought my 2002 Suzuki Esteem used and have had it for a year and a half. Shortly after I bought it, it started having engine problems we have had to replace almost all of the sensors, and fuel pump, and it still does not run very well. We have put around $2,000 dollars into this car and it is still just a piece of junk!! It is a terrible car!!!!
Overall review: Terrible car, I will never buy a Suzuki!
style and reliability for price range by Craig from Great Falls, MT on 09/17/2004. Trim: 2002 Suzuki Esteem GL, Owned 1 year.
Pros: I like that it's different. Affordable. Neat style. Goes uphill and maneuvers nicely. Hasn't needed repairs. Handled a cold winter adequately.
Cons: I feel forward pressure when braked. Interior seems to be made cheaply. Replacement air filter was costly -- and I suspect higher than average costs when it does need repairs. The Esteem is discontinued by Suzuki.
Overall review: The negatives are pretty much offset by the purchase price -- I paid $8000 -- and to me, it's well worth it.
Econo (penalty) box by An MSN Autos Consumer on 08/21/2003. Trim: 2002 Suzuki Esteem GL, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Decent quality, nice interior, good ride
Cons: DEPRECIATION, underpowered
Overall review: I won mine in a contest, apparently they had to give them away. I've put 13,000 miles on it so far, it's been a quality little car, but nothing compared to my 1998 Honda Civic that I sold when I won it. The car had a sticker of $13,800 just a year ago and is now worth under $7,000...that is just sad!
Money saver, headache tamer! by An MSN Autos Consumer on 07/12/2003. Trim: 2002 Suzuki Esteem GL, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: 35 MPG or more on the highway, reliable!
Cons: "Tin" like body build quality raises saftey concerns.
Overall review: I purchased my Suzuki Esteem with one point in mind, I wanted to save money. The MSRP on a new 02 Esteem seemed high, therefore I went for a slightly used edition. To say the least, the depreciation in the Esteems value is dramatic. I am happy I did not buy new. The Esteem is great on gas (over 35mpg hwy). I have the automatic transmission, which does sap some of the power available in the 5 speed. Its still responsive around town. Interior trim is less refined than industry standards, however in no way is it offensive or problematic. I believe the radio is new, having been changed from previous model years.The CD player has big functional buttons, yet the sound quality is only average. My only concern with the Esteem is its "tin like" body construction. According to one safety website, the Esteem has a high death rate in accidents. Overall, I would recommend the Esteem for someone seeking basic reliable transportation. Used Esteems are available at very affordable prices.
Satisfied by AJ in Anchorage, AK on 08/02/2002. Trim: 2002 Suzuki Esteem GL, Owned 1 year.
Pros: My first brand new car. Performs very well in Alaska's winter. Easy to drive in city traffic. Comfortable highway driving. I added a powered subwoofer to augment factory CD stereo: excellent sound.
Cons: Front suspension 'clunks' over speed bumps.
Overall review: I am pleased with the car.