2002 Kia Sportage

Good little car for this gal-- by Senior from Illinois on 05/12/2011. Trim: 2002 Kia Sportage 4-Door 2WD, Owned 8 years.
Pros: It was priced affordable-very easy to get in and out of--4 wheel drive--good gas mileage--seats go down so room to haul-heater and air kick in- in minutes--have good view-I am 72 years old and I can slide in and out so easy -a car I have to pull my-self up to get out. Have had alot of seniors comment on this.Also like the door locks and windows they are easy to operate. overall I think it is a good vehicle and sharp looking.
Cons: The spare tire hinges on the back so you have to swing it open before you can open the hatch--the cup holder comes out making it hard to see the clock when you are using it. Theese are very minor complaints.
Overall review: great
Bad Brakes by Tosh from Frackviller on 10/12/2006. Trim: 2002 Kia Sportage 4-Door 4WD, Owned 4 years.
Pros: Very good in snow.
Cons: Front disc brakes are bad. Mine broke into pieces with less then 20,000 miles. Ruin rotors. Cost of repairs $388.00. Service manager agreed that KIA has problems wih their braking system, but KIA will not cover cost of repair.
Overall review: I would not buy a Sportage KIA until KIA fixes the problem with brakes. This is Life threaten.
The Sporty One by Richard Margate,FL on 06/12/2003. Trim: 2002 Kia Sportage 4-Door 2WD, Owned 1 year.
Pros: Rides nice, comfortable for small car. I am 6ft5in tall.250lbs.Fits 4 comfortably.2 in back need to be on the smaller side. Although I have sat back there. Wouldnt go on long trip back there. I love the car.
Cons: Gasoline mileage could be better for small car like this. Get 17-21. In city of Ft Lauderdale get 17-18.
Overall review: Love the car. So far I would purchase again.
I like it!! by Erin, Maryland on 09/14/2002. Trim: 2002 Kia Sportage 4-Door 4WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: I went from a jeep to my Sportage. I love it, more room. Great Lumbar support for the driver.
Cons: The get up and go leaves alot to be desired...........but it gets me where I need to go. I can't stand the fact that the cup holders are in front of the vents. Cant see the control panel if your using the cup holders.
Overall review: Like I said, I went from a Jeep to the Sportage. I love it and so do my boys. The seats are comfortable for a long drive. Like any other Mom, if the kids are happy then you are happy. I would buy another one.
fair suv by phil from lavonia ga on 09/13/2002. Trim: 2002 Kia Sportage 4-Door 2WD, Owned less than 1 year.
Pros: power and smooth ride
Cons: power winders toreup 4 times, engine light 3 time, dome light 1, and the passenger side doors have wind noise,windows tore up 4 times in 6 months. thats how long we had it.
Overall review: half and half